Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, I have a 1750 RHD with the standing pedals and dual circuit, yes, I am in Australia but seems this type was mounted in the US in 69 too.

Could someone tell me how is the master cylinder actually rigged? I have far too many hoses and I am not too sure on how it should be connected to the 4 ports on the side of the MC.
1- one for rear brakes
2- one to bring fluid to rear brakes chamber
3- one to front brakes
4- one to bring fluid for the front brakes?

but which is which? I could not find any original diagram on the site (only a modified version with only one servo), so if someone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Although the LHD & RHD tandem floor-mount M/Cs are different and not interchangable, the brakeline hookup is the same. Off the top of my head, starting at the front (pushrod end), the order is;

1) rear brake input
2) rear brake output
3) front brake input
4) front brake output

·
Premium Member
22,801 Posts
If I recall (no MC in front of me), the inlet and outlet fittings have different type flares, and are different sizes. The supply pipes are bigger; pressure pipes smaller. Supply pipes have single (outward) flare; pressure pipes have double (inward) flare? Just working from memory, which I know can be dangerous.

Andrew

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,922 Posts
I`ve just checked owner`s handbook and it is as Jim states from the pushrod end.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all

this were quick and very useful replies.

Cheers from downunder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts