Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete SPICA pump, injectors,air cleaner, intake, cover, and thermostatic acuater. $250 plus shipping for the whole lot. Will separate, but lot buyer will have preference. Email me it's faster. [email protected].

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
Did you happen to test the actuator? From its lack of extension cold I'd assume it doesn't extend much, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
Put the upper end (the "bulb") that fits into the water jacket into a pan of nearly-boiling water (175*) and measure how much, if at all, the plunger at the pump end extends.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 coffee mug + 1 microwave @ 100% for 2 min. = 1 working T/A. The temp for the photo taken in the garage was between 15 to 25 degrees F.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
Thanks Tom. The spec dimension is to read extension from the base of the two-screw flange to the tip of the plunger. But I can extrapolate from this.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hello. Do you know the year of the car this was pulled off of? Or does someone know if all 1750 years had the same SPICA? I'm thinking of this as a backup to the one Wes rebuilt for me last year but I know Wes is very particular about the SPICA he's starting with being correct for the car.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Or does someone know if all 1750 years had the same SPICA?
The 69 Spica pump is a one year only item. It is the only year that does not have the fuel cut-off solenoid. I guess that makes the 71 pump the only 1750 pump WITH a fuel cut-off solenoid.

As a matter of fact, the air box and intake manifold are also 1969 only and can be difficult to find. Can't beat a package deal!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have a Spica Pump, air box, manifold and actuator off my 1750 GTV i'll let go for $250.00 and shipping. I think my actuator sticks out a little more cold than the above. It's been in a box for a long time as I switched the car to a two litre with Webers. I just sold the 1750 Engine a last week and would love to sell the pump and manifold - pronto.

Here are some pics. Email me if you are interested or want additional pictures. [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts