Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a problem with my '68 1750 GTV gearbox. I have been enjoying the car for 3 years now, and recently the speedometer has stopped working, and after inspecting, the speed gear has worn out..!!! Since then i have tried a places, alfaholics, classicalfa etc to get a speedgear, but apparently they dont have a spare one!! I would really appreciate is someone here could help me out on this matter. It has 21 teeth on it. If you have a spare one, or an idea on refurbishing the unit, please do let me know, i would really appreciate it..

·
Registered
228 Posts
might have one NOS! However I'm still on easter vacation and be back on May 2. If you still interested by that time send me a reminder with a PM

·
Richard Jemison
7,921 Posts
Speedometer drive gear

It most likely is a result of mismatch by PO of output flange gear and speedometer drive gear. Order both from APE by telling larry what your rear Diff ratio is.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
I have a good spare 21 tooth speedometer drive but I do not have the matching helical output gear. mine is the correct drive for a 4.56 rear end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick response..!! I will try to post the picture ASAP...

I have a good spare 21 tooth speedometer drive but I do not have the matching helical output gear. mine is the correct drive for a 4.56 rear end.
alfaparticle : Is this the part that is in the gearbox , the speedgear?

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
This is it

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts