Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1750 Pedal Box ~67-69 LHD Standing Pedals

Wanted 
3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  roadsterswap 
#1 ·
I need a pedal box for my 64 GT to improve clearance with the hydraulic clutch arrangement. Thanks for the help. I need the Box with the hydraulic clutch lever and rod that moves the cylinder to the driver side of the car. As in this photo I borrowed from another post.

See less See more
#4 ·
There is also a cover for the rod that goes with the pedal assembly.
Yes, the factory did install a cover. However, the cover isn't essential; this set-up will work fine without it.

I assume that cover was there to shield the clutch linkage and MC from water & debris splashing up from the road. But Alfa never supplied a comparable cover for the brake linkage and MC, which always struck me as odd.

#8 ·
I have a pedal base and pedals for my GT. which I can take apart and use pieces from. I really only need the 1750 base and the one pivot rod from the clutch lever to the clutch rod.
Actually, it isn't that simple: the diameters of the clutch and brake pivot rods are larger on the hydraulic clutch pedal box than they are on the mechanical. So nothing will interchange: your mechanical clutch pedal won't fit a hydraulic clutch pivot rod, a mechanical brake pivot rod will be sloppy in a hydraulic clutch housing, .....

In other words, you need the whole assembly, not just a few pieces.

#10 ·
Or could rebush them to match mine...........Spend more money and time. OR just buy the product already made. Hmmm. Stupid is as stupid does. Darn I thought I had out smarted it.
Two thoughts here:

- My guess is that few sellers would be willing to part these things out anyways. You are more likely to come across a complete pedal box assembly, than someone selling their housing to person #1, pedals to #2, and pivot shafts to #3 (e.g., you).

- Not that I'm suggesting this, but if you are willing to do some fabrication, in theory you could weld an aluminum tube to the left side of your mechanical pedal box, bush it to accommodate the mechanical clutch pivot arm, flip the mechanical clutch pivot arm so it extends toward the outside, flip the lever at the end of the mechanical clutch pivot arm 180 degrees, .... Then fabricate a pushrod, buy a repro clutch cylinder, put the holes in the frame rail, and you're there.

#15 ·
I sent you a PM

Ken

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.