Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to take a different tack and build a 1600 for my Giulia Super race car. I want to stay in the slower classes as a beginner and keep it vintage legal.

This is what I have. I have a complete stock 1750 motor. All parts have been meticulously disassembled, cleaned and organized by a top machine shop. The block and crank were checked for straightness. It is ready to be reassembled. All you need is the usual rebuild parts ( bearings, rings, gaskets, oil and H2O pumps ). It has a mildly ported head with stock valves, and comes with a euro intake manifold (drop-in thermostat type). The cams are p/n# 10121032000

Also included is another head I purchased. It is a Mike Sperry race head ( by Mike himself, not the guy who bought his business ) complete with hotter cams, extensive port job, and 1mm larger intake valves. It also comes with a matched intake manifold ( early style with screw in thermostat ) that has fittings for reverse cooling. The cams do not have a part number but are a mild race cam. Note: the information about this heads origin and cams came from the person I purchased it from, and I know him to be a reputable person.

Like I said, everything is beautifully clean. It could be reassembled stock or modified. Basically half the work is done for you.

I'm asking $2000 for everything. The race head alone is worth at least $800. You would also have some nice spares.

I'm hoping for local pickup as there are a lot of parts here. I'm in Stevenson Ranch, California located just north of Los Angeles and just 2 miles south of Magic Mountain.

Thanks,

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Dan,

Good luck with your sale - sadly I'm on the other side of The Pond! I'd love to see what's been done to that intake manifold to set it up for reverse-flow cooling, though ...

Alex.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: The cams with the Mike Sperry head are the R-1 race cams. Those were sold for $550

If the price seems too high make me an offer.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another update: The Mike Sperry head and matching manifold have been sold. The buyer did not want the Mike Sperry cams so those are still available.

$300 or best offer for the cams.

$1100 or best offer for the complete and clean but disassembled motor. I'm willing to deal on a package deal with the Sperry cams.

Ciao !

Dan

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump-aroonie !

Anyone ? Bueller ... Bueller ?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dan, I didn't see mention nor photos of carbs; yes or no on them?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mark,

Yup, no mention of carbs 'cuz the motor doesn't come with any. I would have had to get a set of 45mm carbs for this motor if I kept and modified it. I'm keeping the 40's that came with the car to use with my 1600 race motor.

Just listed the 1750 motor and the spare cams on Ebay.

Motor: eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo 1750 Motor - Complete & ready to assemble (item 110216776785 end time Jan-27-08 15:06:04 PST)

Cams: eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo 1750 Motor - Complete & ready to assemble (item 110216776785 end time Jan-27-08 15:06:04 PST)

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts