Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1750 wooden steering wheel. Will only fit Euro models. Includes GTV Junior Stepnose. Never used. (New old stock) Minor tic near left horn button but otherwise immaculate!

$650 USD including free shipping USA/Canada

Call anytime 9am-9pm EST
Toronto, Canada
+1-416-243-1500

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ugh, this is the steering wheel I’ve been searching for my 69 GTV.
Will this only fit a Euro 69 GTV?
I have a US spec 69 1750 GTV and really wanted to put this wheel on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My understanding, which is always a little shaky, is that the Hellebore 1750 wheel should fit ok on a 69 GTV. I think I read that there's a little gap between the back of the hub and the front of the steering column shroud. Since it isn't dished as deeply as the US wheel, the rim is an inch or two farther away, I think. There are a fair number of these that come up on ebay. Plus, the bad thing about buying an NOS wheel, assuming it is, is that you kind of hate to use it and de-NOS it. In the world of collecting vintage electronics, folks collect unbuilt Heathkits and never build them because then they're not unbuilt anymore.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I’ve been searching eBay religiously and and I do not find these Hellebore wood wheels at all. There are a couple of the plastic versions with the large horn buttons, but they are expensive and in poor shape. If you find one, please let me know!
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts