Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all -

I am a new GTV 2000 owner and I enjoy it thoroughly.

However, one thing I'm not too keen upon is the stock grill. I'm interested in installing the 1750 grill onto my 2000. I think this is fairly common, but I couldn't find a thread talking about the install. Any modifications needed? Are the bolt sizes the same? Also, does anyone know of a good source to purchase the 1750 grill?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, I did the change you are talking about. I just love the more traditional looking 1750 grille. I know it's not original but that's the way I like it. The swap is pretty much straight forward. I got a center grille section from Afra in Italy. It is a repro, casting, and a little bit heavier than the original but it works, looks good and priced right. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I did the change you are talking about. I just love the more traditional looking 1750 grille. I know it's not original but that's the way I like it. The swap is pretty much straight forward. I got a center grille section from Afra in Italy. It is a repro, casting, and a little bit heavier than the original but it works, looks good and priced right. Good luck.
Thank you! How about the horizontal sides? I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Thank you! How about the horizontal sides? I cannot seem to find them anywhere.
Classic Alfa or Alfaholics online and in the UK.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Can this also be done with say a 1750 to a junior or early 2 headlight car? If I prefer the two headlight to the four headlight look is it possible to easily(easy being the operative word) fit the two headlight grill over or will the fog housings be in the way of something? Just curious? I might be tempted to fit say a series 2 or 3 junior grill on my 69 1750.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, those side sections are hard to come-by. Keep checking ebay or the ither suggestions. I did get the small grille sections that go between the headlights from Alfaholics, again repro's. Keep lookin'

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The brackets for the inner headlights stick out a tad too much for the side grilles to sit flat but if you can ignore that part, it's possible to do the conversion and the series 3 Junior side grilles are slightly easier to find (and tend to be fairly inexpensive) than the 1750 ones. My mother do have a spare set for her '71 Junior that she may be letting go soon, but the parts are in Japan right now.

Can this also be done with say a 1750 to a junior or early 2 headlight car? If I prefer the two headlight to the four headlight look is it possible to easily(easy being the operative word) fit the two headlight grill over or will the fog housings be in the way of something? Just curious? I might be tempted to fit say a series 2 or 3 junior grill on my 69 1750.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Junior grill on a 1750

The answer is yes. This is what my series 2 1750 looked like a few months ago before the sandblasters got to it (you can see the inner headlight holders behind the grill).
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showpost.php?p=361215&postcount=196
I'll be returning it to standard but the junior look still looks good.
Cheers,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts