Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a lot more time on our hands these days I've been able to knock off a few projects that have been rattling around the back burners. One is these is the plastic bowties that go between the headlights and fog lights on the 1750 GTV front grille. Everyone one I've had is warped, distorted and usually broken.

Enter the wonderful world of 3D printing. I scanned the best example I had. Pulled that into SolidEdge drawing package and created the model. The dang egg crate design was incredibly tedious. But time on my hands, I got close enough for my purposes. Sliced it with Cura software and printed it on my Creality CR-10S (great machine BTW). It took several iterations to get the geometry right but I'm pretty happy with the results.

This is actually the first rev, I've since improved the the fit (as well as the chrome trim rings...)

·
Administrator
12,536 Posts
Really cool. How much?, can I purchase a set please?

Pete

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really cool. How much?, can I purchase a set please?

Pete
If you have a 3D printer, I'll be happy to provide the gcode. I'll probably ask for a donation to the site in my signature. I can make them up as well but I will need to figure out my costs. Give me a couple days.

·
Administrator
12,536 Posts
No rush. A friend does have a 3D printer, but last time I spoke to him it was giving him dramas ... must be an Italian one ;)
Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts