Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Excellent. The one of the jack in situ is also what I was looking for. I have the correct clamps coming. A question - does the mat not interfere with the clamps and the jack itself, or lay over them?

Another question: what wheel colour/code did you use?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
The mat lies over the jack. You can see how the mat has "hinges" pressed into it in the pictures. About the color code for the wheels: Sorry. Dont know..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nothing like as nice as your car! It has a rebuilt motor and gearbox and I have just found out, while replacing the pinion oil seal, that it has a the optional LSD differential. I am in the middle of reordering the correct tool for the nut and the correct larger seal (after buying the 'expected' one for a Series 1). It has also had new bumpers, door skins, sills, trunk floor, radiator support, starter, distributor, brake booster, new exhaust system, new hood lining, door cards and seals, seat covers, interior carpets, Konis, spring and sway bar bushings and many other bits ... Original glass all round still.
IMG_20191223_165205.jpg

It is in Pervincia Blu which while not a '68 colour was done by the PO over Dutch Blue. I do like it-so far. I want to get the wheels/rims refurbished and repainted (polyurethane) in a correct colour.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Beautiful car! And looks as if in fantastic condition. And a very nice combo with the 911 as well. Cool garage!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
And parked up after a testdrive. The car is now very much alive again after having been off the road for over 22 years.......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looking at the mats in the boot/trunk - the section at the back (actually towards the front of the car) that goes around the shock absorber towers - is that continuous with the vertical piece above it behind the seats? Also your horizontal piece that goes around the 'towers' seems different from the one on the Elvezio Esposito 'site (below)?
Mat over axle.png

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Yes is the answer to your first question. Yes is also the answer to your second question. The sketch you posted does not accuratly show the shape of the actual mat. It is different ( and correct ) in the real world.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes is the answer to your first question. Yes is also the answer to your second question. The sketch you posted does not accuratly show the shape of the actual mat. It is different ( and correct ) in the real world.
:) Thanks for that. Some of the images available from the sellers seem somewhat hard to understand.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts