Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Very very nice well done Love the battery with the yellow fill caps pure period get the big Marrelli decal for the side of it. Congrats

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Thank you very much! Yes, we have tried very hard to come close to period looks and original specification. Right down to CAVIS hoses, Romablock clamps, decals, plating of hundreds of components, correct electrical components, lenses and glass, on board jack and tools, manuals and brochures and and and. It is as we all know very difficult though, with so much information that differs depending on source, and so many oppinions on what is correct etc. But we have executed our interpretation of what we believe is correct for this particular car, and are very happy! I believe my car originally came with a FIAMM battery, BOSCH electrics, and MIXO horns ( as I think many european cars did ), and so there will be FIAMM stickers added to the battery. The battery itseld came from a UK company named SHIELDS, and is the correct type 24 size and layout.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Pictures says more than a thousand words. Just sharing without so many comments. Cant wait to soon be able to document the finnished car in detailed photos and share that for inspiration and hopefully useful reference.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The original grey 3 point static seatbelts will be restored and go back in also at a later stage. Rewebbed of course for safety reasons. And a new set of registration plates in the correct size ( with a small one up front that fits onto the designated space on the bumber ) and in black with white lettering is already waiting in the garage. Cannot put them on before the final technical inspection by "Bilprovningen" though, as they are not completely legal..........

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Lovely.

Did you decide not to underseal the underneath?

Pete

·
Registered
118 Posts
Simply stunning well done looks better than new, what a cool 1750! Great color as well, it is refreshing to something other than red.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hello Pete! Yes. No underseal. The car gets a clear/transparent wax as rust protection on underside and in cavities, on seams etc.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Simply stunning well done looks better than new, what a cool 1750! Great color as well, it is refreshing to something other than red.
I always was a sucker for blue, so Blu Olandese was not a hard decision to make. Thought a lot about light blue metallic as well, but in the end the choice fell on the navy color. I like the non metallic colors on old cars.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Thank you Merv! We are trying really hard, and a lot of time and effort and money has gone into this restoration. Now the finnish line is not far off, although there always seem to be new details added to the "to-do-list"...............Small things. But still time consuming.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
"To do lists" are never ending. At least my wife says so. For me, it IS always in the detail. Your shut lines look perfect. Mine was painted by the PO in a non-68 colour- Pervincia Blu (1972) - but I do like it.
20200106_104430.jpg
(medium blue metallic). Normally I don't like metallic colours on older cars. Now back to my long 'to do list', it seems ...

Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Ok. Update: Car is on the road! Drives very well! Now some 1000 km are planned as shakedown, to identify everything that needs adjustment, and to "run in" engine and mechanicals. Then service and re-torque the head. Also the paint has now been polished. Looks amazing! Dont have pics, but only videos of first drive and the polished car. Dont think that can be posted here in the forum?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
The handbrake handle is now in the car. One of the things on the to do list. Still items on that list, but its getting shorter every day:). I´ll see if I can upload and link somehow..

81 - 100 of 110 Posts