Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
1750 GTV 1969 IPRA radiator

Before and after. The original IPRA 9F radiator restored, recored and installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I must have owned a sister car of yours in the late ‘80s; was FLK187 and a Bianco Spino 1750.
Wish I’d kept it.
Self in the process of restoring a ‘69 now. Hopefully it will be ready within a few weeks.

Regards
Magnus

My car came as you can see in one of the pictures, with much to be desired in the way of seats. The backseat is ok, but will need to be reupholstered. It needs both foam and vinyl cover. The front seats that came with the car was one series 1 seat in need of restoration, and a series 2 seat, also in need of restoration. Odd mix..... Anyway, the seller of the car said he new a guy who had 2 comletely restored Zagato seats in his basement. He apparently once had a car, equipped that car with non orginal bucket seats for trackdays, restored the orginals while out of the car, then sold the car, and had the seats still in his basement. So I called him, and a deal was struck. So now I have the two seats that came with my car for sale. PM me in interested. I will try to spend some time in the classifieds section for both selling what I dont need, and to try to buy what is still missing.
Thank you Pete! Windscreen and rear window in, and front grill mounted. The old front numberplate back onto the car. These old plates will have to be used during testing. The car was first in 1969 registered in Sweden in the old registration number system, consisting of 2 letters, determinating were the care geographically was registered ( AA for Stockholm for example ), followed by 4 numbers. In 1972 the system was changed to a national system, with 3 letters and 3 numbers. These are the plates issued to this car in 1972. Still valid but will later be renewed to something that is closer to the 1969 spec plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Magnus! Nice to make your acquaintence! Were are you located? And please share more information on your restoration. Is your current 1969 also a Swedish car?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
progress, and setbacks..

Well. We have delays. Engine fired right up, but was leaking. So the october goal is now postponed to november. But after 2 years, it does not really matter. Car is almost done. While engine is out, work on the rest of the car is being carried out. VERY happy with the whole dashboard. Very good fit on the new rubber mats in the boot.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice! Did you get the original look rubber mats? Can't convince myself to get them as they are so expensive considering they're just rubber.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hello Xenios!

I bought mine from Esposito in Italy. They were expensive. But considering the fit, and also that they are grey as per original, made it worth it to me. In my restoration, we try to come as close to original as we can in every detail.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good work. Apart from a few improvements I'm trying to the same on mine.
We're on the same schedule. We've finished the car and interior, taking to body shop for some adjustments next week and then mechanic for engine installation. Hopefully will be ready by mid November.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Magnus! Nice to make your acquaintence! Were are you located? And please share more information on your restoration. Is your current 1969 also a Swedish car?
Hi! The current is also a s1 1750 was sold new in Sweden with first reg Jan 1970. Originally Cava Beige that seemed to been resprayed in beige at least once before someone (in mid 80’s I was informed) decided to make it red.
Considering age and geographical location it was pretty healthy.
Was considering original color but decided to go for 728 Grigio medio metallizzato. Note: will not keep those awful cross spoke wheels... Planning to put it on more time period proper refurbished Stil Auto six star 14”.

Been looking for new carpets with proper fit in wool but all seems to be polypropylene, even the ones from Elvezio for the s1. Any hints? Considered getting locally manufactured but finding anyone willing to share templates is just as hard.
Any inputs appreciated!
Magnus

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
carpets

Hello Magnus!

Wow! So we have indeed sister cars! Very cool! And you are right. Those wheels are awful..... Sorry. But you said it yourself. I went for the original wheels with hubcaps in the end. Considered GTA replicas, and they may be added later, if I decide to pep things up a little with a stage 1 engine kit, a sports exhaust, and a suspension upgrade. Then I also will still have all all orginal parts and so can swap again back to original. Lets see what happens.

I was also searching high and low for the best available options in terms of carpets. I went for Elvisio. I made my decision based on the positive experiance made by another member on this forum in regards to the quality, the correct jute backing and above all: the fit. I know it is not salt and pepper wool, but it seems hard to find. Let me know if you DO find it, as the Elvisio carpets then could be used as good templates, and afterwards sold. I also bought the boot rubber mats from Elvisio. Very happy with them.

Would be very nice to meet up and kick some tires some day. I am located south of Malmoe during the summer months, or in Mallorca during the winter. I will this coming winter be driving my Bertone here on the island. Its nice to live in a climate that allows classic motoring all year around. While I am at it: Another resto picture!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Mathias, Just wanted to say what a beautiful build you have going. Such a pleasure to see the attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing more. Subscribed!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Well thank you very much! I really appreciate that. Yours does not look to shabby either:wink2:. And isnt Dutch Blue just beautiful? Did you restore your car? Or was it already in great condition when you bought it?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Well thank you very much! I really appreciate that. Yours does not look to shabby either:wink2:. And isnt Dutch Blue just beautiful? Did you restore your car? Or was it already in great condition when you bought it?
Yes, dutch blue is a beautiful color—especially when freshly applied! I'm fortunate enough to have inherited my GTV post restoration(s) but plan on going back through the engine compartment and making some additional modifications soon.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
1750 gt veloce 1969 coil

Thought I´d share our approach on getting the coil as we want it. My car originally came with a black Bosch coil. We managed to paint the new coil, and also located a new and correct sticker. Here is a picture of an orgiginal item, my painted one trial fitted, and the new sticker that will go on later.

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
Is that a matching sticker? Looks like it’s lower half is different. Not that I mind, or that it’s wrong. Just curious.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Well, nobody knows for sure I guess. We think this is correct based on research we have done. We have been trawling the net for information and pictures on the subject, and we think the original sticker looks as our reproduction item.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
And moore progress. Now parcel shelf and rear seat. Regarding the parcel shelf, it still misses the metal trim piece that goes around the rear of it. It will be added later, as it needs restoration first.
fbf03c42-1d42-491a-8509-cc53d82a9660.JPG
c7a84b89-19e1-48e1-85c9-5e334c9d5890.JPG

61 - 80 of 80 Posts