Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
back on its wheels

Lots of progress now! Car is back on its wheels with front and rear axle in place. Snake bite headliner installed. Stainless brakelines now going in. Carpets delivered from Italy. Fueltank going in. Wiper mechanicals installed, steering installed, restored wiring loom in place. Heaterbox back in the car with restored matrix and valves and and and. I am visting the car next week to discuss lots of details before the final push to have the car back on the road next month

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
and and and

and more pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I noticed the rear window doesn't have it's trim installed. Please note that it can't be installed afterward, but needs to be put into the rubber before installing the window.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
woodwork

Wood being restored, and some new parts made from scratch to get the best result.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
dynamat extreme

The Dynamat extreme is one of the very few deviations from originality. And its easy for another owner some other time to remove if they wish. It ads a lot of comfort, and the old original bitumen material is not even close in terms of performance. I want the car to be comfortable. On top of the Dynamat goes the original type insulation material, and then the grey carpets from Elvizio Esposito in Italy on top of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
1750 GTV 1969 rear suspension

Here the rear suspension goes in. No KONIS, no harder bushings. All stays as per the day the car was born. We decided to change the rebound straps to the original Pirelli type in the end, so that will change. The updated version is surely better from a longevity point of view, but what the heck. The Pirelli type honey colored textile ones just looks better and are after all OE

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
1750 rear bumper and licence plate holder

All original to the car. A lot of small repairs necessary. Fix dings and marks and then a lot of elbow grease to polish all that stainless steel. But the result is fantastic. We are close now.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
1750 gtv glass

Thank you Pete! Windscreen and rear window in, and front grill mounted. The old front numberplate back onto the car. These old plates will have to be used during testing. The car was first in 1969 registered in Sweden in the old registration number system, consisting of 2 letters, determinating were the care geographically was registered ( AA for Stockholm for example ), followed by 4 numbers. In 1972 the system was changed to a national system, with 3 letters and 3 numbers. These are the plates issued to this car in 1972. Still valid but will later be renewed to something that is closer to the 1969 spec plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
rebound strap before and after

I am very happy we chose to go "as close to original as possible within our ability" with the restoration. Now the correct rebound straps are in the car. I love before and after pictures. They give perspective to the massive amount of work required to bring a car back after 50 years.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 80 Posts