Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1971 engine AR00551 05372 from a Spider or GT. It is a 1750 and is complete from air breather to oil pan. It has been in dry storage for more than 30 years. It turns over freely and was purchased as a spare engine for a Spider but was not used.

What is the value of something like this and what is the demand?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
It's all about supply and demand. I listed a 69 short block a month ago (1969 Spider GTV Short Block 551) thinking it would sell quickly but I've had zero interest. You have a long block, that's good, and the last year of the 1750, also good. Kuni had a rebuilt 71 for $5500 a few months ago, so logically thinking, the value of yours should be somewhere between my $800 and his $5500, and most likely on the lower end of the scale as most buyers will figure it will need to be rebuilt. Buyers will most likely want to know if it has the standard crank, miles (if you know), etc. Just my opinion, your actual mileage may vary...

Chuck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate the information. Is it worth more money with all the spica system or should I consider selling that separately? I have the transmission as well. The reason for my above question is if the engine is not a great value I would just continue to hold on to it. However, if the engine and transmission together was worth $1500 or more I think I would consider selling it to help fun my 74 Spider project. I have a 78 Spider parts car with complete driveline so its not like I need to have the 1750 for any important reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts