Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to fit the 1750 Center counsel into a 71 GT Jr Dash? Here is my dash for my upcoming project. Also, does anyone have an original laying around:)
I sure my builder would also be able to work with the fiberglass shells I have seen; but, I figure I see what is our there.

Thx,

Marty

Attachments

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I think it will fit. Is your GTj dash a repro. Why not ask the vender?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
The dash you show in the photo must be a 1750 GTV dash as it already has the recessed molded in to it where the centre console to dashboard attaching brackets will interface.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I didn't realize those dimples were for the mounting bracket. I bought it a while back from OKP .Germany.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I think it will fit. Is your GTj dash a repro. Why not ask the vender?
Ok Ross but should we be able to see on far left side the recess for choke/throttle if for 1750. Don't forget the GTj had a 2 gauge bracket hanging there in middle.

K

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
A friend just did the opposite. He is converting a 1750 GTV back from a racing car into a street car. But the Getrag gearbox in that car precludes using the console. He used a 1750 GTV dash, and the two gage bracket from a GT Junior. These also had a horizontal heater control.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
As they should be.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A friend just did the opposite. He is converting a 1750 GTV back from a racing car into a street car. But the Getrag gearbox in that car precludes using the console. He used a 1750 GTV dash, and the two gage bracket from a GT Junior. These also had a horizontal heater control.
View attachment 1658430
oh wow was actually thinking of doing the similar, simplifying the interior by removing the center console. do you have more pictures?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
...but should we be able to see on far left side the recess for choke/throttle if for 1750. Don't forget the GTj had a 2 gauge bracket hanging there in middle...
..Good point......it looks like his dash is a Junior dash as it does not have any cut-out at all on the left side. Nonetheless it should accommodate a center console because the notches that I pointed out
earlier are the same as what is typically found on the 1750 dash.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
oh wow was actually thinking of doing the similar, simplifying the interior by removing the center console. do you have more pictures?
If you do it your centre console and between seat will be in demand

K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts