Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 has the 1750 Buttress seats. They're great, however the pitch, or the slope of the seat, is completely flat. I've seen pictures of other installed seats and there is a slope which I imagine creates a more comfortable seating position. As they are, even though the seat is flat, it feels like you're sliding forward a bit.

Does anyone know why this might be? Are the rails different between the 2000 seats and the 1750 seats? And could my seats be using the wrong rails?

I'm guessing I can solve it by adding some washers to lift the front part of the seat but I am curious if there is a more OEM solution to this.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 2000GTV arrangement...but the 1969 GTV that the FB seats were designed for has the rear seat supports sitting much lower than the forward ones. Now mind you the seat rails do bring things up a bit by virtue of the rear portion being taller than the forward. Maybe measure the angle that the seat bottom is sitting currently on yours....we can compare to ours.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It might help if you put spacers under the front seat mounts. A quarter or three eights inch would probably give the rake that you want to be comfortable. I know some GTV seats had spacers from the factory (including my 2000), but am not sure if all came that way.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Buttress seats are mounted flatter as I recall.

If memory serves I believe the floor plan is different on a S1 compared to a S2 1750 or 2000 car in which the mounts are different. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
...Buttress seats are mounted flatter as I recall....
You might be correct....I just double checked .....and it looks like in the end I swapped the spacer positions.....with the thicker one at the back now. I recall now that I tried it the first time as in the photo and found the seat bottom too angled . In the end I suppose the spacers can be customized to whatever seat angle is preferred. FYI.... I machined the spacers out of black delrin plastic rod.....a tough and durable material that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts