Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Do you have knowledge or proof to back up that comment about Dan? That is a very heavy hit to lay on someone!

Sorry to vary from the thread.

John

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would rather appreciate one hundred GTV's and GTJ's rescued alive again with cheap paint and lousy welding in the hands of happy enthusiasts than one trailer queen, I mean them all done together for that money!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have knowledge or proof to back up that comment about Dan? That is a very heavy hit to lay on someone!

Sorry to vary from the thread.

John
Which part? Seems angry to me, at the very least he's an epic catastrophiser. Stolen valor? Seems he was a rotary wing pilot, but on the show they have high performance aircraft (jets) during the part of the show where it says he was test pilot. So that's ********. Says he is a green beret. So are the supply guys, cooks, etc. of every Group /SF Battalion, but they are not tabbed. I knew a lot of guys at Bragg from the 82nd ABN and the 173 ABN (then the 4/325 ABCT) that were in the 5th group and wore a green beret because they were assigned to the 5th Group, but they wouldn't dare call themselves "green berets." Not sure if he is "long tabbed" or not, but because of the "test pilot" claim, I have doubts. There's also the problem with Wounded Wheels, which appears to be a complete scam by all accounts. Finally, on the bills he lays on his clients, I have a really hard time believing the claimed hours on most of the cars in shows that I have watched (but quite frankly, I dislike his personality so much I have only watched a few). Oh, and then there's the Ted Nuget connection.

Also sorry to very vary from the thread.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Yeah, I think my original post definitely has grown some legs in many directions. My intent was just to show the lengths someone would go with our beloved GTV, But if you live in that rarefied air where you can drop that kind of coin on a restoration, or even think about purchasing it at RM's estimate then more power to you. So if you have the passion and the money look out. But my dad always told me, "Money doesn't buy happiness. Is a man with $750M any happier than a man with $250M?(dollars adjusted for inflation, lol).

I'm patiently waiting to see where the gavel drops.

·
Registered
770 Posts
It's not about the money its about getting what you want.
If you want a fully restored car to factory standards then this 1969 GTV car is not that car because its missing it's dark brown Bertone DeLuxe leather interior on the seats and door cards. The auction house has to their credit made you aware it does not have the original brown leather interior. What they did not know until I sent them a message two weeks ago is that the black leather interior they claim the car has is not original, and neither is it's pattern(looks more like a vinyl interior).
see this link for more details
https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/683992-spotted-gt-veloce-1750-sale.html

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Does anyone know what Noosha's Lemans Blue GTV sold for at RM/Sotheby's auction? Also, the Silver 69 GTV is offered today.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
One of Noosha's 2000 GTV's sold for $76500 on BaT and a nice 69 GTV sold for $78500 on BaT. So the $71680 is a good price but the $117600 is exceptional!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hagerty has concourse 1969GTV valued at $106k.
Don't forget if your car has a Bertone DeLuxe leather interior to increase the insured value by another $15-$20k, so $126k.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts