Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Tomorrow a Pirelli lorry (Lorry = English for truck) will turn up at Longstone Tyres with the first delivery of the new batch of the 165HR400 Cinturato that was OE on your cars. These have been out of stock for a while and will be available through the Pirelli Collezione distributors around the world.

The distributors are listed on here. (worth watching this film too. it is a ace bit of period advetising)

We do have the Michelin X as well, but that isn't really a sports car tyre. The Michelin X doesn't have the H speed rating either. However they do offer a white wall for those who want to make their beautiful European sports car look vulgar. (I am not knocking the Michelin X. It is a great tyre. That is what i would fit on a Citroen Traction. However fitting white walls on European sports cars is vulgar, though it does help me sell more expensive tyres.)

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replacing the Michelin ax’s for Pirelli Cinturato’s, CA67, 165HR400, is one of the best things I have done for my 102 Spider. I am driving with them for three years now. The difference is enormous! The Michelin’s give you as a driver a rather disconnected feeling on the road. The Pirelli’s are much more informative in curves, when braking, in the wet…..they have much more grip too. They look better too
Thats what i like to hear.

· Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

I would prefer you bought them from Lucas Tires as the US distributor of the Pirelli Collezione range

They will be receiving a container with a load of these tyres reasonably soon. They get to us first as we are in Europe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts