Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody just joined from blighty,:D I'm in need of assistance and from what I have read it looks like I'm in the right place. I have a 91 164 t spark 170K on the clock, from cold the car reaches running temp then keeps on climbing, warning light comes on and the fan does not activate also the interior heater only blows cold, having read other threads I am aware that this has been discussed but being a rank amateur with an allergy to garage bills I would appreciate a muppets guide to dianosis and repair,:eek: I would be really grateful for any help.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hello and welcome to our sickness that only sanity can cure...

Regarding your cooling fan, my first item to check would be the relays that control the fan located at least on the V6 version under the hood close to the fan itself. If you can use a jump wire to trip the fan while the power is running, I would bet your relays are shot.

As for the climate controls, I would check all your under dash connections to make sure they are clean and making good contact. Outside of that, I would check to make sure that your heater core isnt blocked and is functioning properly.

I hope this helps.
Cheers
Martin.

·
Premium Member
27,320 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for your responses, I'll check it out and keep you posted on my progress, again thanks for the help with my tempremental italian friend.

Tara

1 - 4 of 4 Posts