Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking about buying a set of 16" or 17" O.Z. lightweight wheels for my Q and I was wondering if anyone had any pics of them on their 164s...

I have searched and only been able to come up with pictures of a Q4 with 18 inch wheels which are too big for me or pics of a black S with black ultraleggeras which are hard to see...

I would definately go with silver for my white Q...

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
248 Posts
My friend's Race S with the OZ Superleggera 17" 5*98 8J.

Very good choice I think.

Erwin

·
Registered
596 Posts
That used to be my S. 16" (to keep the ride a bit more forgiving) Ultraleggera in black. I would only go black on a black car (that's just me...) O.Z. has a few different shades that fall in between the bright silver and black, I believe. Looks like that might be one of them posted by Erwin above.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His racing S is white like my Q, would you happen to have a full shot of the car with the wheels on?

Is anyone running the O-Z "record" wheels on their car? Anyone know how much they weigh?

Or even these wheels, I wonder if Jason could get them in silver?

·
Registered
248 Posts
His 164 S is Silver with grey OZ's.
I do not have a full photo, this will happen later.
He's busy with a bigger brake setup.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
That used to be my S. 16" (to keep the ride a bit more forgiving) Ultraleggera in black. I would only go black on a black car (that's just me...) O.Z. has a few different shades that fall in between the bright silver and black, I believe. Looks like that might be one of them posted by Erwin above.
I have silver Ultraleggera's on my Audi S4. They would look sensational on a 164. This wheel comes in sliver, black and gunmetal grey last time I looked. For a white car I would use silver or possibly the gunmetal.

The 164 should be comfortable on 17 inch and there would be better tire choices. These modern tires are designed to be comfortable with shorter sidewalls and a 225/45x17 would fit perfectly assuming adequate offset. 205/50x17 are available and would also work, possibly better.

Superleggeras have been discontinued as far as I know. Supertourismos are available but are a bit heavier, sturdier and a lot of work to keep clean. The photo above which purports to show Superleggeras shows a wheel I've not seen from OZ. It looks like a "dually" in that one set of spokes is inset from the others. The original Superleggera I have seen looks exactly like the Ultraleggera but the ends of the spokes stop short of the face of the rim rather than ending at the edge of the rim

·
Registered
90 Posts
OZ Superleggeras 16 x 8's

Just finished putting the Superleggeras that I bought from Rkundrat awhile back (couldn't afford the tires). Wow, what a difference in the feel!!!! It's light and smooth.

I put some 205 55 16 BFG G-force's on the wheels and am very happy with the feel and look.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Those look like Ultraleggeras, the ends of the spokes extend into the rim. Superleggeras looked the same except the ends of the spokes stopped at the inside edge of the rim, leaving a smooth rim all the way around.

Either style is very light for a cast wheel. This smooths the ride and sharpens the handling and steering feel.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Those look like Ultraleggeras, the ends of the spokes extend into the rim. Superleggeras looked the same except the ends of the spokes stopped at the inside edge of the rim, leaving a smooth rim all the way around.

Either style is very light for a cast wheel. This smooths the ride and sharpens the handling and steering feel.
Michael,

You are correct. I meant ultras. I had a set of supers that i never put on because of the extreme offset.

Anyway they're awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts