Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color or who's spray paint is a good match for touch up? Does anyone sell this stuff? Thx...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Perfect match

rags747 said:
What color or who's spray paint is a good match for touch up? Does anyone sell this stuff? Thx...
This is not a good match, it's perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am a professional color designer and IMHO 39033 is such a close match I can feather it into the original paint. This color is also a dead-on match for the Milano trim.

·
Registered
596 Posts
amo il mio alfa said:
I am a professional color designer and IMHO 39033 is such a close match I can feather it into the original paint. This color is also a dead-on match for the Milano trim.
Ooo! Now that we know that, what, IYHO is the best match for the upper pieces (side cladding, front and rear bumpers.) Or maybe I should respray everything with the 39033....hmmm....

·
Registered
71 Posts
as far as I know the upper pieces, side cladding front and rear bumpers and reentry tiling, are all the same grey metallic (39033) although I think the factory sprayed a clear coat over the original color. Sem is a great paint durable, fast drying. available at some auto paint stores.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
amo il mio alfa said:
This is not a good match, it's perfect!
Yup, absolute perfect match including finish with a matte finish!
Mine look brand new again just from the factory!
Jason

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The S and Q models had a matte finish on the trim. The L and base models had a glossy clearcoat finish on the trim.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess it's SEM 39033 then. Thanks guys for all the help.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Props to Warren

SEM 39033 is a Perfect match for the164S side skirts. Many Thanks!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
quadrifoglio said:
The S and Q models had a matte finish on the trim. The L and base models had a glossy clearcoat finish on the trim.
L and base not only have full glassy clearcoat finish, the color is different. They have more black tone to it. Paint code is different.

For S and Q, side skirt color is all same for the bumpers and side clading. They have eggshell sheen.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
39273 CHARCOAL METALLIC I think will end up being he right color and finish for S/Q

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Does SEM a a good color for the L?
Charles

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Update!!!

I had just placed an order from TwistingWrenches.com, Automotive and Industrial Tools, Equipment and Supplies for 2 cans with shipping at $28.36 which I thought was a good deal. Received a reply back that SEM paints are now considered to be HazMat materials :eek:. Shipping would be around $150 so they are discontinuing to offer any :(. So find it where you can and stock up before word gets out.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
I had just placed an order from TwistingWrenches.com, Automotive and Industrial Tools, Equipment and Supplies for 2 cans with shipping at $28.36 which I thought was a good deal. Received a reply back that SEM paints are now considered to be HazMat materials :eek:. Shipping would be around $150 so they are discontinuing to offer any :(. So find it where you can and stock up before word gets out.
I have them if you need them. ~$27 for 2 cans and $8.50 shipping to KY.
I have a few in-stock.

J

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts