Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share with you all some updates on a 164S that I picked up last March. I wanted to post some pics of the car when I picked it up, (or how it looked on the advertisement here on the bb), as well as the most current pics and improvements and repairs which I performed since then, I worked on this car on and off since.

Upon delivery most of the electrical was messed up and did not function, no courtesy lights, speedometer, dash lights were out, power seats and windows did not function, drivers seat was ripped, most of the car was a hodge-podge of 164S and L parts including front bumper cover, gauge cluster, center console parts, brakes did not work, timing was off, AC did not work and did not blow air, all of the electronic suspension ECUs had been removed.

So far, I was able to repair all of the above patiently, the electrical took some time, all I really have left is a few minor things, most of the big deal issues have been resolved, I need to re-install the cruise control which had been removed also, and after replacing the blower motor I am still having an issue with not getting enough air to blow into the cabin, I inspected the stepper motor and seems to be working fine, maybe there has to be something blocking the flow of air, the filter was replaced. I will share the pics of how the car was when I picked it up and how it looks now, I found a local S and swapped out the front seats with a better set, replaced the hood, front bumper cover and valance and also, the car got to receive lots of ECU parts and interior components rescued from my old (tree-crushed) rossa.

Hope some of you enjoy!

·
Premium Member
26,992 Posts
Looking good Matteo.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
That is beautiful. You've done a wonderful job/labor of love.....ciao, jc

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the late replies here, I am working 11 hour days!

Yes, I did do a complete respray, and I have to say it looks factory good. I need to return the black pinstripe on the bottom half of the trim, other than that she looks pretty good. I may be in contact with Jason soon to put in some custom headers and a performance chip, I am planning on riding this car a lot, I just got a new job and moved down to Charleston SC, I am loving it down here. I almost moved to VA Beach, had a job offer over there but would have had to wait a year to start since it was a big company and had to create a job position for me, I was excited for a while because I would have lived close to Steve...:thumbup:

I still need to do some more work, next in line is figuring out the limited air blowing in the cabin, I need a garage first, I am in a transitional mode.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
About the fog lights...I have no clue, the rescued ones form my old Rosso were crap, the lenses were sandblasted to heck, these came with the car, I have been wandering about them also, I like yellow fog lights, reminds me of all the cars my grand dad and friends had back home in Italy in the 80s...:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts