Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
164S/Q Valeo Clutch Kit SOLD !!!!

Autopartswarehouse.com sent me the wrong Valeo Clutch kit VLE52281002 so I'm offering it up for sale. Cost me $290 but I'll take $240 plus shipping USPS Ground ($20.00 est.).

See pic below. Comes with alignment tool not shown in pic.

Lesson learned I guess. Their order confirmations don't list the model car you are getting.

Save me the pain of arguing with them.

Thx for looking

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,300 Posts
Want to trade/exchange for new 164L clutch assembly? Private mail me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
So which 164 model exactly?

So just trying to clarify... you ordered clutch kit for a 12V 164 but rec'd instead the clutch kit for a 24V 164? If that is the case I am interested as well.

I'm in the midst of some tranny work, and I should probably bite the bullet and replace clutch assembly while in there.

Please give me a shout at 206**403**3445 to clarify.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Ron, I dropped this gentleman a line earlier this morning when I emailed you about it, but have not heard back yet...

if it fits the LS we should definitely get it for you for this car - you need it!

Cheers, JvR

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ron and I just talked on the phone and I just want you guys to be sure its the kit you need.

Don't want you to go through the mess I did trying to get the right one.

Dave

·
Premium Member
27,300 Posts
It is a 24v clutch kit according to Valeo web site

Don't know what difference is but S and LS/Q clutches listed in Alfa parts CD are different P/N even though they are both pull type. Maybe the horsepower rating. Throw out bearing the same part number.

OK here on valeo website is the deal it is a 24v clutch VLE 52281002 is for 24v according to Valeo Clutches

whereas 52280001 is for 12v it says L and S but that can't be right since one is push and other pull type. picture of 1001 is a push type clutch and picture of 1002 is pull type check it out so Ron these looks like the one you need.

OE Replacement Clutch Kit - Part # 52281001
L, S Models
Disc Size is 9 x 29/32 x 20
Fits 91 - 95 Alfa Romeo Alfa 164

OE Replacement Clutch Kit - Part # 52281002
Q Model
Disc Size is 9 x 29/32 x 20
Fits 94 - 95 Alfa Romeo Alfa 164

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Ron, if this is the xxx1002 kit, then it is the right one for your car. If indeed we are next in line for it and no toes are being stepped on, get it coming for this '94 LS of yours...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ron, if this is the xxx1002 kit, then it is the right one for your car. If indeed we are next in line for it and no toes are being stepped on, get it coming for this '94 LS of yours...
Hi,

its the 1002 kit. I have a problem in that I need to keep the clutch alignment tool that came with the kit. I'm assuming you guys already have some tools to do that.

The kit that I got from Centerline did not come with it as it is an original kit from Italy.

I'll call Ron and make sure he knows.

Dave

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Yeah, that's fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts