Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
164S Heater / A/C Control

General question? Where can a remanufactured or new heater / A/C control panel be purchased or found or rebuilt? Any input on who's best or trusted by the comunity would be greatly apreciated! I have been asked by a customer to fix his car and remember these being "difficult" when I was the shop parts person at J.H. Benett in Allentown, PA. I worked there when Alfa pulled out of North America sales. We were the local Alfa dealer at that time. THANK YOU!

Chuck

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts
general question? where can a remanufactured or new heater / A/C controll panel be purchased or found or rebuilt? any input on who's best or trusted by the comunity would be greatly apreciated! i have been asked by a customer to fix his car and remember these being "difficult" when i was the shop parts person at J.H. Benett in allentown pa.. i worked there when alfa pulled out of north america sales. we were the local alfa dealer at that time.

chuck.
THANK YOU!
Never heard of these units in a 12V going bad. a 24V they all seem to go bad.

Whats the issue? I have a ton of used good ones laying around if you need one?

You sure it is an S ? or is it a LS?

Jason

·
Registered
565 Posts
I know on mine, the temperature up/down buttons don't want to work. Probably just a matter of cleaning the contacts I'm guessing - I haven't really investigated it.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Chuck I fix LS (24V) displays/climate controls

and I think I have a good reputation here! Have done quite a few over the past 7 or 8 years

If its an "s" climate control module, what is wrong with it? If the buttons don;t work well (or at all) perhaps a cleaning of the switches is needed -- thats a pretty easy job with electrical contact cleaner.

bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts