Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking to replace the oem fujitsu in my 95 LS with a JVC unit with HD and bluetooth.

I just pulled radio from parts car as a practice run. I have an ISO adapter cable.

It Looks like I have two options. Bypass Amp and go direct from head unit to harness with the iso cable. Alternatively, use the existing amp.

The existing amp uses a din connector. Most aftermarket head units, including the jvc, use rca connectors. Does anyone know of an RCA to din converter cable that is readily available?

One other observation. I followed the procedure in the manual, pulled back center console, etc. After doing all that, I realized that the Fujitsu was just mounted in a cage like most single din radios. While not a lot of cable room. It seems I could have just popped it out with the proper radio release tool. Nothing was bolted in the back. Could be it was removed previously, maybe Alfa simplified in later years?

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,579 Posts
You are probably right. The 91-93 model was a Chrysler look alike model and was really bolted in back and had a V-wedge on left side too so without dynamite it was a biutch to steal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just installed the new JVC. Piece of cake!

On the 95 the original radio just slides out of a standard din cage. Did need to remove right side carpet panel to get to wires.

Bought a jvc to ISA connector on eBay. This does bypass the underseat amp but that is fine with me. It is plug and play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts