Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the nylon/plastic piece that holds the L shaped end of push/pull cable break?

This just occured with my driver's side door, and I am not certain how I should go about fixing it. I have looked through the forums, but only seem to find issues with the 91-93 models which are significantly different

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the nylon/plastic piece that holds the L shaped end of push/pull cable break?

This just occured with my driver's side door, and I am not certain how I should go about fixing it. I have looked through the forums, but only seem to find issues with the 91-93 models which are significantly different

Thanks in advance
So is it item 11 in pix at door latch attach point or at inner handle end? L/H one is 60554247

Only handle shown in second pix but not the nylon piece cable rod latch.

Closest clip on 91-93 164 is item 4 or 5 in third pix and 60507496 is $1.58 from Alfa Orlando. None of other numbers for LS clip or item 4 listed in their database.

I have some of those clips but whether they would work on a LS inner handle i have no idea. Maybe close but no cigar. Have you tired looking at a HELP parts display at many auto parts stores for something close?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one that broke is the one on the opposite end of the door handle.
Looks similar, and pops into a hole on the end of the inner door handle

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Did you see the other pix I posted above?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I will take a look and see, I notice the piece is designed to allow the door handle to have full travel, while only pulling the same amount on the pull cable. (it seems to pivot while opening). I was wondering if there was a way to maybe secure the L shaped cable end to the hole that the nylon piece went in, but then probably risk damaging something else if the handle was pulled too hard.

I will take the piece to the auto supply shops and see if I can find something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts