Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI,1988 Milano Gold Auto
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea which were the most popular colors for the LS?
Or at least he most common among bb members today?

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
my guess would be

the green/tan combo, I have seen more of these than the other ones-- but maybe thats just a california thing?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like here in NJ Champagne/black or tan is most common. Maybe it's a regional thing?

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
could be

I presently have 2 LS's in green/tan, had a third a while ago, and also had a black/black

I;ve not seen a blue/tan but that would be a really nice color combo; have seen red/black and white/black though

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I' ve seen 1 champagne
2 white/silver [one is mine]
2 green/tan
1 black/tan

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
The champagne color seems to have been popular in the Seattle area.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I have a Black & Tan, and a Champagne & Black.

JJ has a Burgundy & Black. The Burgundy is a nice 164 color.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Yeah, could have gone for one of those, that and the blue, but alas, very rare. Also not sure those came with manual transmissions? Only ones I've seen were automatics.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Mine is Black w/ burgundy interior.
I know of one black/black, one champagne/tan, and one red/tan (RIP) in this area.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Mine is champagne with black S interior, originally black LS interior.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
But I purchased it from JJ in Washington, so it may be a NW thing. My Q is black/tan, which I really like. A couple of used quarter panels I purchased are green and blue.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have the blue with tan interior. Love that combination. There was another LS here in Dallas that was also blue with tan. It was a '95 model and the owner I knew sold it. It may have moved out of the area. Othar than that one, I have not seen another LS in this area for several years.

I would guess the burgandy color would be one of the rare colors.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
164 Colors

My 94LS is champagne/black- bought from Vince Militello in Detroit last year.

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Myron's 95LS came green with tan interior but after we fixed accident damage he insisted that my bud JJ paint it gold. Paint has not lasted and clear coat is peeling now.

It's his car, but I could not get him to just have JJ touch up the car because I even gave (sold) him original green fenders off a 91 to match car as we also put in Elma Series One Euro H4 head lights that need higher opening in fender for turn signal lens to fit correctly.

All he would have had to have painted was new bumper and a small front corner of the hood as green paint was in good shape.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I sold a Champagne/Tan and now have a Red/Black '95.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like green and champagne are the most prevalent colors, followed by black. I'm surprised white was not common; I've seen a couple of whites and a burgundy but have never seen a blue one. Anyone have a picture of a blue to post?

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Now that I think about it, I did see and drive a light blue LS with manual transmission in a test drive when I was first looking for a 94/95 164. Turns out the car had been totaled and then pasted back together with a faked title by one of those eastern European groups in the Seattle area.

Needless to say, the car wasn't very good, both for the body reconstruction and how the engine ran. Really a shame, because the car was a nice color. Would have bought a good one with that color for sure.

My first sighting of a 164 was an all refrigerator white 91S in California. I mean ALL white, including cladding. Too much, looked like a huge kitchen appliance. Uuuuuugly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts