Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have developed the permanent fix for the 'disappearing segments' problem with the 164LS and Q climate control / clock module. see my classified ad at
www.arocsd.org under the 'classifieds' section

Thanks, goats

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
To move this up a little-
I JUST had this installed into our 164, and it works, perfectly!

All the LCD elements work, the controls work, everything!

Thanks!
Eric

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I'd like HVAC Cluster Fix Info as well

Yes, somehow I missed the orginal post, and the info is no longer current in the aforementioned club e-newsletter. I would like to get info on this fix too please!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LCD Fix update

Thanks guys for the interest. At present, I am out of stock of upgraded display units. I am also in negotiations to try to get access to the bonding lab and equipment that is required to perform the upgrade. Whether or not I can successfully come to terms with the lab is a TBD item. With success there, I can make another 10-15 upgraded displays. Without success, I have to decide whether to go'back to square one' and develop/qualify/tool another lab and/or technical approach, or, bow out all together. If you know me, I like a challenge.

I know there are still some folks that want their displays fixed and fixed correctly. Thats why I am still trying to work out access. I still believe that the fix I have is the best available at this time.

As I progress in these negotiations I will keep everyone that is interested in a display fix updated. Please send an email to me at gaXuthXX at adXnc dottt comm (remove all x;s and format properly) and I will et back to you.

I can;t believe it was 5 years ago I started this. Still have lots of friends here on this bb from that work-- and have met in person folks from all over and made some great friends from this-- Alfa guys (and gals) are awesome.

goats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts