Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an automatic 1991 164L with 189,500 miles that I am selling as a parts/project car due to its condition however it is running although just started running rough. Listed below are its issues:

• Non-sunroof model
  • Bad/flaking clear coat
  • Leaking oil on the front passenger side
  • Shifts hard when accelerating suddenly
  • Wheel bearing noise while driving
  • Engine was running just fine but literally just today started running rough, not sure if one of the cylinders is not operating.
  • AC/Heat doesn’t operate
  • Interior is worn
  • Passenger window doesn’t operate
  • Antenna doesn't retract
  • Rear interior passenger side door handle broken
  • Car is currently DMV registered with a clean title, but due to California law which doesn’t allow transfer of road operating vehicle titles without the seller guaranteeing smog certification, I’ll be selling it as a planned non-operational vehicle.
I will post more details and pictures of it tomorrow. I’m negotiable on the price but just to put a number out there and start somewhere I’ll start at $900. Of course, any questions or offers let me know.

I am located in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,603 Posts
Maybe you are right, since it appears to have needed some additional maintenance in the past, even given the miles, but maybe not. However, if it is rust free and straight, the maladies you mention don't seem to be killers, just things to fix on the weekends. Generally, each of us through the years have repaired/remedied these problems you have mentioned, some of them simple.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you are right, since it appears to be poorly taken care of in the past, even given the miles. However, if it is rust free and straight, the maladies you mention don't seem to be killers, just things to fix on the weekends. Generally, each of us through the years have repaired/remedied these problems you have mentioned, some of them simple.
You're probably right and I updated the title to reflect that it could be a project car. Its been a California car since 1999 and is rust free. Body does have fairly typical scratches and marks but overall it is straight. Details will be better seen in the pictures I'll take of it tomorrow. I guess I just wanted to be conservative in my post to make sure it's portrayed accurately. Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
15,603 Posts
These cars are so much fun to drive, I just hate to see one in this condition pulled apart. There are those who would see this as a project car worth saving, since it is not a dented rust bucket as one would see on the East Coast for instance.

A low cost paint job (Maaco, Earl Schieb), seat covers or seats from a wrecked car, parts picked here and there, a few weekends of fiddling, who knows? I even saw auto trannies for sale really cheap if needed. Granted it has quite a few miles, but these engines seem to run on and on if maintained.

Hope someone picks it up and has fun with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These cars are so much fun to drive, I just hate to see one in this condition pulled apart. There are those who would see this as a project car worth saving, since it is not a dented rust bucket as one would see on the East Coast for instance.

A low cost paint job (Maaco, Earl Schieb), seat covers or seats from a wrecked car, parts picked here and there, a few weekends of fiddling, who knows? I even saw auto trannies for sale really cheap if needed. Granted it has quite a few miles, but these engines seem to run on and on if maintained.

Hope someone picks it up and has fun with it.
Those are some good observations and think you're definitely right. I'm hoping for the same thing and willing to make arrangements with someone to make that happen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car no longer starts, but still a great parts/project car.

Have some potential buyers locally but just wanted to give AlfaBB'ers one last chance before I let it go. Any questions, etc. feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts