Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Gargantua, my 1991 164L recently dropped a valve and chewed it up nicely in one of the engine's cylinders. Given rebuild expenses I am therefore hoping to source a gently used 12v 164L engine. I plan on salvaging as many ancillaries as I can from my current block, but I would ask that this engine;

-have less than 100,000 miles on it (if possible, or else is mechanically sound, I know cars of this age will have miles but I'd like to not find myself in this same situation two months from now)
-preferrably have some sort of history behind it so I know it's not a pig in a poke/was a racing abused block

I am looking to spend around 500 dollars, but like all things in life this is not set in stone. I'm in SE Idaho so unless you're within four hours of Idaho Falls it'll have to be shipped. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
15,868 Posts
Talk to pinino, selling a slightly used 164 engine, 89k miles, full service records, $500 FOB. Sounds just like what you need.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you much for the heads up Del, I've reached out to Pinino regarding his engine. Hopeful on this one!

·
Premium Member
15,868 Posts
Pinino is a good guy, well versed in 164's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts