Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1991 164L
27,918 Posts
Hi,

Can I ask what the differences are between the 12v and 24v front hubs/driveshafts?

Thanks.
I think ABS serrations maybe different on axles -wider teeth and less teeth on 24v than USA 12v 164. Brake calipers are 57mm pistons on 24v and 54mm on 91-93 12v brake rotors thicker and smaller diameter on 24v. Hard for me to know the Euro specs on the 164 models.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve.
Would imagine even Alfa kept the same specs for ABS on 24v Euro and US cars. If they changed them between 12v and 24v though, that is significant.
Have heard mention of 44 ABS teeth but not sure if that's for 12v or 24v. Have also seen possible drive shaft length differences, 511mm and 516mm - again not sure which refers to which. If only Alfa kept good records for this stuff. But then, I suppose if they did they wouldn't be Alfa...

·
1991 164L
27,918 Posts
Never say never if you are talking about wheel hub that slides into wheel bearing and you torque axle and wheels to it then YES. I had to replace one because axle nut was not properly torqued and inner OD of wheel hub bearing surface distorted because wheel bearing was not preloaded properly.

Now if you mean axle spindle bearing is pressed into, lower ball joint and outer tie rod end attached to, then never applies for me, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.