Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well probably about time I mentioned this on here... a week after the Adelaide May 2011 Alfa's show and shine, an f-wit of a driver decided to turn right in front of us while we were heading through an intersection on a green light. Bonnet, guard, bumper, grille all totalled as a result with significant damage, thankfully no structural. Insurance gave us hell due to the age of the car, but after 4+ weeks of arguing we finally got a settlement. These cars are considered worthless junk to insurance companies...

Long story short, I've had the car repaired with the added bonus of getting the roof repainted as well and we've just broken even on budget. I ended up buying another nearly identical car that had been neglected for less than buying the individual bonnet/guard/bumper, so now I have a load of spares - some good some very tired. Car is looking awesome however I need a few more parts to make it mint. I'm looking for these parts NEW if possible - any pointers for suppliers in the US or Europe would be most helpful:

- chrome heart surround and centre black plastic grille
- (RHD) driver's side plastic grille
- T-bar auto handle/button - the button has broken and is loose

Also the electric boot/trunk release has failed - what fuse/relay do I need to check this? I checked all fuses in the driver's footwell but couldn't find any failed.

Any tips most appreciated, photos shortly!

Benjamin

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
Gas filler door fuses and relay info

Gas filler door 30A fuse F3 in small aux fuse panel G2 above main fuse box G1.

Relay I53 in Boot (trunk) next to filler door and siren under side carpet.

Also G4 7.5A fuse in a free fuse holder under dash fuse panel door area near center console probably to left of driver's left knee on RHD models. Attached to bank of relays.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Well probably about time I mentioned this on here... a week after the Adelaide May 2011 Alfa's show and shine, an f-wit of a driver decided to turn right in front of us while we were heading through an intersection on a green light. Bonnet, guard, bumper, grille all totalled as a result with significant damage, thankfully no structural. Insurance gave us hell due to the age of the car, but after 4+ weeks of arguing we finally got a settlement. These cars are considered worthless junk to insurance companies...

Long story short, I've had the car repaired with the added bonus of getting the roof repainted as well and we've just broken even on budget. I ended up buying another nearly identical car that had been neglected for less than buying the individual bonnet/guard/bumper, so now I have a load of spares - some good some very tired. Car is looking awesome however I need a few more parts to make it mint. I'm looking for these parts NEW if possible - any pointers for suppliers in the US or Europe would be most helpful:

- chrome heart surround and centre black plastic grille
- (RHD) driver's side plastic grille
- T-bar auto handle/button - the button has broken and is loose

Also the electric boot/trunk release has failed - what fuse/relay do I need to check this? I checked all fuses in the driver's footwell but couldn't find any failed.

Any tips most appreciated, photos shortly!

Benjamin
Alfa Grill is no problem, other items you need to find used.
Trunk release I have plenty of good ones.
Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts