Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I assume that as this thread has some 80 views, and nobody has commented on replacing a throttle body, that nobody has needed to replace a throttle body?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can I assume that as this thread has some 80 views, and nobody has commented on replacing a throttle body, that nobody has needed to replace a throttle body?
Interesting, is yours worn? I wonder if an old Ferrari tb will go on without difficulty as the Busso with fly by wire can use the throttle body of a 430 iirc.

Could it not be stripped down and repaired?

·
Registered
456 Posts
No experience, so at least it seems to be quite robust. Have not heard of other 164 owners in the garage having this problem either. Does not help you much though, I guess...

Reactions: richardbradford

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Richard,

I have not had to replace my throttle body due to wear or any other reason. Having said that however, I was a sucker and did buy a NOS throttle body a few years ago "just in case". I could be convinced to sell it to you if you need to replace yours for some reason. I am not sure of the exact part number but I know it is the right one for a 164L sold in the USA for the model years 1991-1993.

George

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Mine is fine. Was asking as, like George, have the opportunity to buy a spare one for a reasonable price and like to keep a spare of most things, just in case. Fantastic to hear this is not a general issue. Will save my money for other 164 parts instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts