Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks I went to local salvage yard today to get a part. They had a nice 164 s for sale red / black interior mileage was 115000 overall nice car clear coat was peeled off on few places Nice alfa save it from the junk yard asking $1000 there # 804 732 9253 Circle auto parts.

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Do you know if it is driveable?

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
I have a friend who would be interested if he could drive it to South Carolina. You are in Virginia, right?

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
In Virgina, don't let Steve see this post...hide it quick!!

·
Premium Member
27,326 Posts
In Virgina, don't let Steve see this post...hide it quick!!
I just sold a red one and it wasn't this one. Red is not my color. Ed is into red ones let him have it.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Red 164S? Where? I only have two.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
That's it, I'm calling Belinda right now....you need help ;)
I think she's given up on having any input on this addiction. She knew where things were going when I bought that new car trailer.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I think she's given up on having any input on this addiction. She knew where things were going when I bought that new car trailer.
I'll give you that, when I saw her on new years day this year, she still seemed pretty OK with your little problem...I think I could sense that you gotta get her into a nice vehicle though;)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I'll give you that, when I saw her on new years day this year, she still seemed pretty OK with your little problem...I think I could sense that you gotta get her into a nice vehicle though;)
Yeah. She's pretty much claimed the new Fiat 500. They're telling me February now. From December, to January, now February. This is as bad as waiting for Alfa to return.

So to avoid too big a hijack here, did anyone buy the 164S out of the junkyard yet?

·
Registered
45 Posts
rsjhaj ,

I'm in Northside Richmond and closer to this junk yard than you are. I was tempted to go look at it last weekend. I have wanted a 164S or Q for quite some time and have had several near misses in the last couple years. Problem for me right now is I just finished sorting two other cars and don't need another pure project car.

I went to the junk yard's website but this car is not listed. It may be that they don't keep the site updated to reflect current inventory. Who knows?

Just based on what you recall from seeing the car would you consider it to be a parts car or perhaps something that could be sorted to a point of being a decent driver.
If anyone is interested, let me know as I would be up for taking a trip across the river to get more info and take some pics to post to the board.

Just let me know..

Tom :):):)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I found it on their web site. It's here:
Untitled Document
No pictures though.
I already traveled that far (except in the other direction) to rescue one that is probably in similar condition. So I'd probably better leave this one alone. But Tom, if you are willing to go take and post some pictures maybe that will help someone step up and save it. Or least benefit from the parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts