Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered that my 91 S with 67k front right strut is bleeding fluid and has no dampening ability now, just bounces up and down. Any solutions for this problem- rebuild- new-used? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
16,166 Posts
Koni's all around if you have the money, otherwise look for another used. Had to for a leaking rr strut.

·
Registered
101 Posts
does anyone know (perhaps Alfisto Steve or Jason) if you can use 164B/L front struts in an S? My electronic settings haven't worked in years and the front suspension is kinda soggy.

My 164 is the cruiser of my inventory so I don't need a full DTM set up. Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
does anyone know (perhaps Alfisto Steve or Jason) if you can use 164B/L front struts in an S? My electronic settings haven't worked in years and the front suspension is kinda soggy.

My 164 is the cruiser of my inventory so I don't need a full DTM set up. Thanks for any input!
You can use standard struts or Koni. Standard actually cost more than koni.

But you need donor struts for the front inserts from a L or LS.
Koni can be adjusted to exactly like stock or sport mode if you like that. Nice!
I have them in stock. May even work a deal on them.

Jason

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah Koni sounds like the way to go, now I just gotta be patient and lurk around for some donor L/LS struts. Do you have any laying around for sale?

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Yeah Koni sounds like the way to go, now I just gotta be patient and lurk around for some donor L/LS struts. Do you have any laying around for sale?
Not anymore. Sorry. Could fashion something up with the old electronic though.

·
Premium Member
27,321 Posts
See your PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts