Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
One of the rear seat belts in a 194 164 Super has developed an issue retracting itself. The yank/lock operation remains fine but the recoil spring system seems weak or somehow sort of jammed. Yank on the belt and it will lock but put it on and it will have a lot of slack the spring system is not taking up.
Any advice?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had the same issue and simply replaced it with a second hand belt from a wrecker. Took about 30 minutes to swap it over and cost very little. The rear seat is not difficult to remove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
30 mins Dan? You work fast. Find removing rear seats is easy but the rear parcel shelf stuff is a bit of a dog, isn't it? Seem to remember some horrible plastic studs that refuse to budge without breaking.

Great link Pininio (apologies if spelt incorrectly). Doesn't avoid the need to remove the belt though so still that to be done.

For the moment am avoiding people sitting in that seat as other jobs await. AFM rebuild and some horrible front end clonk at low speed/high lock.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Pininfarina [originally: Battista "Pinin" {=endearment nickname} Farina], add "o' for Spanish ending: "Pinino"

·
Registered
167 Posts
Maybe it was closer to 60 mins! I didn't need to remove the parcel shelf though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it was closer to 60 mins! I didn't need to remove the parcel shelf though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still good going. I do need to remove my parcel shelf as one of the roller blinds lost its tab and got a replacement unit to drop in. Fun ahead... ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts