Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Shopping around for a radio for my 164....
Just curious if anyone recomends any models that would fit nicely in place of the old radio and what modifications, if any, had to be done. Any photos would help....

thankx alot guys :D

·
Registered
739 Posts
The original radio for the B, L and S 164's was a Chrysler unit. This topic was discussed a few times on the Alfa digest and a few posters mentioned that anything that fit a GM/Chrysler with an oversized radio, fit without too much trouble. Check out Colin Verrilli's excellent 164 FAQ

Ciao, John
Former 1991 164L owner from new.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankx John that helped me alot....

I have decided to buy this radio...
Pioneer DEHP47DH

It is 1.5 din..so it shou'd slide right in with a few modifications but i do have one question...
Since this is made for a chrystler radio repcalment do you think the connectors are the same as the stock 164 radio or do i have to grap a pair of strippers?

thankx for all your help :cool:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'd take a look at Pioneer's website. There is a post on the 164 FAQ technotes section about installing a Pioneer DEH-P85DHR in a '93L. The poster mentions finding an adapter for Chrysler RD-CH84 on the Pioneer website, but no mention in the radio's docs (he found this out after going the strip & splice route).

I left the stock radio in my 164 as nothing could beat the sound system they installed under the hood in Arese.

Buona Fortuna,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts