Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to ID the specs for the speakers, Front and Rear on a 1995 164Q.
The rear shelf seem to be 6x9 (or close thereabout) and I have the original with a part reference 60604150, it looks like it says 31 W (Watts?)

The Front Speakers (component, w/ separate Tweeter) I must have removed and put in a box, so looking for some guidance there. Since my move, I have yet to locate that box. The head still works, (this was with the 12 CD Changer in the trunk), but I need to get some speakers installed.

Anyone have good info on them?

Also - if the source on repair of the 12 CD changer (Error 3) works out, I'll post it. Those were Fujitsu Ten Changers, and there is a group that can work on those in New York.

Chip

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had that system and removed it when I changed my head unit. In anycase, 6x9 conventional for the rear deck. I have Pioneer 6x9 installed in the rear and there were no fitment issues. believe the front are 5" but can't recall exactly. You will see the cavity under the metal cover and you can measure from mounting hole to hole. That should confirm the size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that system and removed it when I changed my head unit. In anycase, 6x9 conventional for the rear deck. I have Pioneer 6x9 installed in the rear and there were no fitment issues. believe the front are 5" but can't recall exactly. You will see the cavity under the metal cover and you can measure from mounting hole to hole. That should confirm the size.
Apparently I had removed the Front component set (speaker and tweeter), and there are supposed to be some rails or bars that are mounted in there (which I don't remember). The rear, I agree - its a 6x9 (and I don't remember the watts). It's the front, they could be 6 (6.25) and it's the tweeters I'm concerned about. I've seen reference to several sizes and I can't remember what they were. I'm hoping to locate that box!

I have 3 of the new (unopened) head units I bought as part of a dealer sellout, and I wanted to keep it as stock as possible. Who really listens to the radio? It's for when you're parked at the grocery store waiting... :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Can confirm rears are standard 6x9s. I replaced my originals with Pioneer 3-way 50 or 60W speakers and fitted them under the standard covers.
Think the fronts in the doors are 6 inch. Can check tomorrow.
I try to keep my car looking a standard as possible so still have the original Blaupunkt tape/radio unit for possible refitment. I also rarely use a music system, unless entertaining the kids. Being an Alfa I love to hear the engine for two reasons:
1) The V6 is georgeous to listen to - music in itself.
2) I can hear if anything starts to go wrong with some mechanics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, and I'm there with you. Who needs a radio. It's more for when you sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone to come out. Gary used to play that thing to the max though, in fact, on one of his previous cars I could alway tell when he was home from the boom boom boom, so I got him the vanity play TUTONKA... It got him out of a ticket. :|

I believe the mids in the front doors are 6" as well - it's that tweeter size I'm unclear on, and if it's componenent so their was a connector box there, OR was it direct from the head unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts