Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 1202 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I see this done to Hondas alot. They rarely drive over sixty and bounce out of the seats with every crack in the road they cross. Thing is, in a Honda you've got about two feet of headroom. In a 164 I'd think you'd be in danger of breaking your neck!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Please Don'T!
I like lowered cars, I lowered my alfa 164 and my e30 M3 is lowered on coilovers but thats just slammed!
not a good look at all

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Oh, that is sooo scary. You see these slammed cars creeping around, the drivers can't go aver 20 mph because of everything hitting. Plus, it doesn't handle worth a ****. Can't imagine what some are thinking that the look is cool.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i to did a photoshop lowering job on my 164L to see what it would look like lowered and with a set of BBS rims. i personally like the look.
Yes, yes I do like that. A lot. *Insert hateful comments here*

Oh my goodness that is amazing. I'm not one for that much camber, but that looks stunning. And those wheels, especially when it's slammed <3

Reminds me a lot of this 164 (which I adore):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,730 Posts
No Photo shop for me real deal

My 164S with Eibach springs and Konis riding on 225-50-16 tires low enough for realistic driving at most any speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh, that is sooo scary. You see these slammed cars creeping around, the drivers can't go aver 20 mph because of everything hitting. Plus, it doesn't handle worth a ****. Can't imagine what some are thinking that the look is cool.
Air suspension ;). People who ride around on static suspension that scrapes everywhere is comical. I have a friend with a mustang like that and it's cringeworthy. I have another friend with a Jetta on bags and he has no problems daily driving his car and then lowering it down to look "cool" for the car meets.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Trust me guys i would never do this to my 164L, i was only seeing how a 164L would look lowered like the photo i posted. if anything i would lower it a tad bit but honestly it is already low as it is. i am loving the look of these BBS rims on the 164. i might try to Photoshop a another set onto in at a different angle.

I can do free photoshopping with your rims of choice at no cost to you! :)

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
"*Insert hateful comments here*"

Not hateful, but maybe seems to be one of those "the emperor has no clothes" situations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thread. I have one 159 and really enjoy looking at the 164 pictures. Sadly where i live they are very rare to buy or see on the street.
Anyone with the l4 turbo? Not very popular in the US?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Trust me guys i would never do this to my 164L, i was only seeing how a 164L would look lowered like the photo i posted. if anything i would lower it a tad bit but honestly it is already low as it is. i am loving the look of these BBS rims on the 164. i might try to Photoshop a another set onto in at a different angle.

I can do free photoshopping with your rims of choice at no cost to you! :)
What are the chances you photoshop me lowered with the wheels spaced out some?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can do that, just provide me with a high-res image of your car!

Here you are, would you be able to tint the windows a bit if that's fairly simple? When your up close in the picture don't mind the huge amount of stuff in the back of the car. That's like half of my apartment in there :wink2:.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Here you are, would you be able to tint the windows a bit if that's fairly simple? When your up close in the picture don't mind the huge amount of stuff in the back of the car. That's like half of my apartment in there :wink2:.

Thanks!
I think the AlfaBB forms shrink the image size, ill try to work with it but yea i can do window tinting, just give me a few minutes ill reupload.

1061 - 1080 of 1202 Posts