Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

have a 1995 24v 164 and a mystery bolt has dropped off it. Alfa garage can't find any details for it on their system but know it was there as have a hole in its place.

The culprit sits near the bottom of the rear exhaust manifold, about an inch above the flange where it connects to the short flexi pipe going to the cat. It is on the side of the manifold and is where a narrow flexipipe connects - think its upper end connects to a part that joins with the airfilter side of the plenum chamber - at the rear.

Considering that gases are involved the bolt involved must be a hollow one with a hole in the side.

I have seen a microfiche for the 12v exhaust manifold and there was no sign of it on that - since my Alfa dealer here have been unable to find it on their system for the 24v it seems Alfa have been their usual 'special' selves in missing this information off.

Anyone got any ideas and any part numbers/pics for this mystery part?

Thanks,

Richard

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
EGR tube banjo bolt

That is a banjo bolt that connects to an insulated hard tube that terminates at the top driver side back of the engine, at the EGR valve (Also called a "pierburg valve'' IIRC). There is a corresponding banjo bolt up top as well.

I believe it is peculiar to 1995 LS model in USA, not the 1994 model. For UK use, I do not believe it is required and therefore I believe you can simply thread a bolt into the hole, closing off the manifold, and likewise for the top if your EGR valve is present.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
part number is

per EPER 2004 version

UNION (I call it a banjo bolt) 10184411
two each washers on either side, part bumber 10278660 (called seal gaskets)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Many thanks to both of you - the part numbers were especially helpful and now have the parts on order. Decided worth keeping the original spec rather than just blanking it all off as was put there for a reason.

Cheers,

Richard:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts