Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 164Q, and at one of the conventions found a heavy flexible mylar type plastic cover for both the headlights and fog lamps on my 164. They were cut to size, and had the little bump cut out also, both to shape, and were to preclude rock dings and breaks on the lamp covers.
Mine are now about 18 years old and yellowing, so I'd LOVE to locate some replacements. Anyone know of a sources for those?

Chip

·
Premium Member
15,629 Posts
I used thick (~1/8 inch?) 3M optical grade flexible plastic film, comes with adhesive on one side, to cover all of the front end lights, including the fog lights and turn signals, of all three of our Alfas. Has stayed clear for many years. Cannot tell they are covered, and are easy to clean. I just ordered the material from someone off the web, don't remember where now, and then made paper templates to cut the plastic to the correct shapes. That film really seems to work as compared to the Alfa supplied(?) hard plastic covers we had on the Milano. Those cracked easily when hit with a rock. Still have the rhs one I think if anyone wants it.

Now will look into doing the same to our new Chevy SS.

·
Premium Member
15,629 Posts
Oops, mean ~1 mm thick film.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a set on the headlights and fogs on one of my cars. Installed way back in the late 90's, I think. Still crystal clear on the garage kept car. They were made by "Stongard". A quick internet search doesn't yield any active website for that company anymore. Maybe they're no longer around...

If you can't find replacement covers, at least you can feel good about how cheap used headlights can currently be obtained for these cars now. Unless, of course, you have the Bosch euro lamps...

·
Premium Member
9,767 Posts
Lamin-x Buy a sheet and cut to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts