Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just in time for Christmas! 91 L, Black and Tan,auto,155K Very Clean. Recent (June 07) timing belt, tensioner, water pump and service by Alfissimo (Jason) in Tempe,AZ. Has aftermarket 16" wheels (not sure of brand),Recent Falken tires. Has Mopar CD unit, working well, sunroof works, A/C blows cold. Issues:will need A arm bushings soon, seats non op (relay I think). Asking $3500.00, or will consider interesting trade: Spyder, GTV6, Alfetta GT etc. Mark Carlisle 559-408-8078 cell 559-840-1825 hm
Alfa Romeo 164

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I forgot to post lowered price-$2500/offers/trades. I don't really need to sell but we have two four door sedans...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a frank reply-there is a link on my post to the ad running on CL in Fresno,LA and the Bay Area-just click on the link for photos. No lecture needed!:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to re-size my photos, was unable to get them
to post on this site. There is a link that will take you to the CL ad on the original post.

I haven't had to get any work done on it since Jason at Alfissimo serviced it in Tempe last June. It's a solid 164-not just my HO. Have only seen one other Alfa on the road around Fresno-a black Spyder, maybe a 88 model getting smogged. There is has been a Spyder on the Fresno CL for some time asking 8K-looks really nice in the photos. Do you know the car?

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Black 88 or 89 is prob Brian Cao he lives over near Moroa and Shaw. I do not know about that 8K Spider. The bay area CL has a Grad Spider from Fresno for $1,500.00 There is a guy I am told that knows Alfas out in Rolinda(half way out to Kerman) He worked for Rich Goodrich who was an alfa guy (retierd) West ave north of Ashland He still works on his own Alfas.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's good to know about another Alfa guy. Rich is rebuilding my cylinder head right now. He is a real nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet him and his wife. How about Alan at Norgard's? He did some work on my AC and I'm pretty happy with it.

BTW, I have a black Spider, too. I last smogged it in April at Smog Master - FWIW.

Sorry for the off-topic stuff.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've seen maybe 2 spiders and 1 GTV6 (other than mine) and 1 164 (I'm told it was Mrs. Goodrich). I have a coworker that has a spider that lives in Squaw Valley and has his worked on in Clovis somewhere.

i work on my own stuff, i've never been able to trust other folks with my odd cars.

Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess I'll keep my 164. We just drove it from Fresno to San Jose to look at a 84 Spyder (very poor condition-rust and body damage+oil in coolant=walk away), San Jose to Oxnard down the 101, Oxnard to Fresno via 5/99. The 164 never missed a beat, was comfy, sunroof open, did 80-90 mph all day long. It's a great car and sometimes it just takes a road trip to remind me of that. It does have some issues, however it's the most incredible $2500 car that no one wants to buy that I've ever owned!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts