Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a source for the hoses from the oil separator to valve cover and intake boot. Also intake boot to idle air controller. My main supplier,( Centerline) doesn't have any. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
If Jason at Alfissimo doesn't have any, you could try AFRA in Milan to see what they can do to help. Larry @ APE would be another source.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
According to my notes: Advance Auto Parts #080411CS (radiator hose with 90° elbow) works well from the left side of the canister to the valve cover, of course trimmed a bit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses, and suggestions. Jason doesn't show them on his website, but I'll try contacting him directly. I'd rather not replace 18 year old hose's with other 15 to 18 year old hoses, so APE is not at the top of the list, but they are a fantastic resource I've used for lots of hard to find parts. I guess if I can't find OE parts, I can cobble together out of straight hoses and 45 or 90 deg. elbows, not too high vacuum or pressure, just need to eliminate false air so the car will pass smog.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
Anyone out there have a source for the hoses from the oil separator to valve cover and intake boot. Also intake boot to idle air controller. My main supplier,( Centerline) doesn't have any. Thanks!
Hi. Centerline has nearly dropped the 164 parts altogether.

12V or 24V? Should have them both in stock.

https://alfissimo.com/46-lubrication

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
"Centerline has nearly dropped the 164 parts all together"

The Alfa 164 is, for the majority of Alfa owners and suppliers, the 'forgotten' Alfa. That's what I decided about the US Alfa Club, which I had belonged to decades ago, and recently again, that other than a few new Giulias and Stelvios, it was always only the old Alfas from decades ago.

I decided that thanks to the gods, we have the BB and people such as Steve, Jason, and other 164 members, too many to name (you know who you are), here and abroad.

And, having owned and driven many Alfas through the decades, I feel that the 164 is one of the better Alfas out there for performance, durability, and usefulness.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with Del. The 164 is like the "Porsche 914" of Alfas in that most Alfa owners look down on it, even though other Alfas, like the Alfasud, the 166, the Brera, the mid 1990's Spiders and GTV's, were front wheel drive too.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Maserati of Seattle used to be an Alfa dealer. I wonder what they might have on their shelves? Worth a phone call. That is where my 164Q was first sold.

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
Ferrari/Maserati of Seattle? I think they still service older Alfas, and may have some parts.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
I think of the 164 like the Alfetta Sedan.

I will still be supplying parts even though I am pushing out some NOS and slow moving parts. I am also working hard on new cars, kind of have to. But I am having fun with the new ones like the Giulia and 4C like I did back in the 164 hayday.

I will be here. Don't worry!

·
Premium Member
26,708 Posts
FYI

60513183 L-shaped hose from oil separator to rear valve cover

60543834 hose from oil separator to big black hose at throttle body and air flow meter

60544487 hose from Idle Actuator control (IAC) to big black hose at throttle body and air flow meter

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey Jason, I guess I was looking at he wrong place on your site. I need the 2 hoses from the oil separator, and the hose from the idle air valve to the in take boot. Also need the grommet from the idle air to the plenum. all for a 91S. Can you shoot me prices w/ shipping to Denver 80210. Thanks, Terry btw I'm the guy w/ the 2 black S's that you saw on a past visit to Denver.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve, thank you for what I assume are Alfa part numbers. Aside from the already mentioned suppliers, any venders you could recommend that would recognize these numbers? Thanks again, Terry

·
Premium Member
26,708 Posts
Steve, thank you for what I assume are Alfa part numbers. Aside from the already mentioned suppliers, any venders you could recommend that would recognize these numbers? Thanks again, Terry
www.difatta.com has these numbers in their pdf data base. Their parts man Ed can prolly confirm they still have some in stock.

800-638-7656 or email [email protected]

60513183 L-shaped hose from oil separator to rear valve cover

60543834 hose from oil separator to big black hose at throttle body and air flow meter

60544487 hose from Idle Actuator control (IAC) to big black hose at throttle body and air flow meter

I do have an extra L-shaped 60513183 spare in my stash if they don't have it. I don't have any new ones of the other two though.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
hey Jason, I guess I was looking at he wrong place on your site. I need the 2 hoses from the oil separator, and the hose from the idle air valve to the in take boot. Also need the grommet from the idle air to the plenum. all for a 91S. Can you shoot me prices w/ shipping to Denver 80210. Thanks, Terry btw I'm the guy w/ the 2 black S's that you saw on a past visit to Denver.
I have them, no need to go to the other guy. ;)

Yeah, I remember. We are contemplating moving to Denver for Family reasons. Might be closer soon but not sure yet, I like the warm weather again in CA. But $$$$$ . Yuck!

Order them off the site, shipping is $6.50

https://alfissimo.com/lubrication/240-oil-separation-bleeder-hose-to-to-back-of-head-12v-1989-1993.html
https://alfissimo.com/home/1087-oil-breather-hose-to-main-air-intake-hose.html
https://alfissimo.com/air-boots-hoses-gaskets/243-idle-stabilizer-hose-to-intake-boot-up-to-93-oem.html

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
"We are contemplating moving to Denver for Family reasons"

But, but, but, we haven't had a chance to visit you down in SD yet, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
We moved her to give it a shot. So far we may end up staying for a bit longer, with all the car activity here it's hard to leave. yeah the weather blah blah. lol

I have moved 1 time in the past 20 years. ;) From Phoenix to Flagstaff. This is the second move. Denver is appealing but also not since centerline is there and alfa9 supply (new guy).

Just need to settle in for sure. I think I am uncomfortable at the moment. I had it made in Flagstaff. Need to find the right place to settle down and put roots in. Good thing I am sorta young. LOL

Come visit Del. Will be here.

I got all the hoses. I even have HC hoses. I will keep you guys on the road even if I move again. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,426 Posts
Didn't you forget when you lived in Portland, Oregon, where I met you way back.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
Didn't you forget when you lived in Portland, Oregon, where I met you way back.
I did. That was barley a blip on the radar. Lasted 1 month there. hahahaha. Not even considered a move, more like a vacation

1 - 20 of 20 Posts