Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find my horn as it seems to have partially failed; sounds like Barbie's little corvette. Where is the 164 horn located and how does one access it?
Thanks,
R Bradley

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
driver front under the air intake snorkel. Access from above by removing the air box or going thru the front fender liner. I'll find a pic. Found it, you can just see them. ciao jc

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fabulous help, thanks JC. Would you generally recommend coming down from above or going through the front fender liner? RB

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
Pretty hard to access from above or below. Better to remove wheel and front inner fender liner like in Chris' picture.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
You know it would depend on my mood. I've not ever had to fool with them but imagine I'd most prefer to put the car on a lift and go at them from the bottom without removing the wheel or the liner. Yours might have more "stuff" under there as the US cars are different in ways from the euro type that mine is. The following is how I'd chase my girly sound on my euro car. remove the wire from each one and clean the contacts and reinstall the wires. There are 2 horns. Toot. No change? reverse the wires to the horn, toot again. I'd expect change. From there you should be able to isolate the offending unit while at the same time verifying there is juice going to the unit proper thru the wires. Good luck. chris

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
UR very welcome. Google sayz its about 210 miles to Mr Steves house from Vienna....ciao jc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts