Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Euro headlghts are in high beam operation, should the low beam lights also be on?????

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
When Euro headlghts are in high beam operation, should the low beam lights also be on?????
NO, each H1 bulb for low and high beam settings in Series 2 Euro Bosch projector facelight lights operates seperately same as USA version Carello 9004 or Elma H4 Series 1 Euro lights with single dual element bulbs.

All four H1 bulbs will light up when you pull up light stalk for pass to flash mode.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
The Euro lights have a parking lamp feature that is on all the time with my headlights. Don't know if that is a wiring mistake, at least the lights all work.

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
Here in Europa the low beam is on when you put on high beam in Euro 2 lights.
The old with H4 lamps low beam off when high beam on.

JK
1995 164 Q4
I thought about doing that to my series 2 Bosch projector conversion set up on my USA 164 but I wondered if I would setting myself up to be a victim of ROAD RAGE from all that bright light when on high beam setting. I lift the pass to flash lever now when I want/need real lights to see in a super dark condition on that dark lonely highway with no oncoming traffic (getting harder though to find that kind of condition in my urban area).

I have a real issue myself now with my night vision because so many people have their driver's side headlights out of adjustment. Really hard to see into oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
could the wiring handle the wattage draw? I would think you would need a relay between the high and low beam, so when high is activated, the relay would kick in and bring on the low beams. Otherwise if you wired the two together, the low beam would most likely feed into the high and make it active.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts