Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

While preparing to pop in a more solid rear subframe have been trying to obtain a new brake compensator/regulator valve unit - without success.
I think mine still works OK but makes sense to replace it given the pipes will need replacing anyway and will probably break when trying to remove.
Think it is a Bendix 959056 unit - at least those seem to be the numbers on the side of a series 2 164 2.0 twinspark unit I have to hand.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not sure if the Euro models are the same as US models, but comparable part numbers for the US valve are listed below. Looks like there are some available on various European parts sites and eBay. Alfissimo also shows them available on his site.

Alfa 8240 7503
Bendix 312045B
STOP 312045S
Bosch 0 204 131 202
TRW GPV1057

I was able to find one not too long ago boxed as a 'STOP' brand, but the actual part was cast with the Bendix name.

BTW, mine has a casting mark of 2 9597 6(or 5?) 50. This cast number didn't appear to relate to any actual searchable part number.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if the Euro models are the same as US models, but comparable part numbers for the US valve are listed below. Looks like there are some available on various European parts sites and eBay. Alfissimo also shows them available on his site.

Alfa 8240 7503
Bendix 312045B
STOP 312045S
Bosch 0 204 131 202
TRW GPV1057

I was able to find one not too long ago boxed as a 'STOP' brand, but the actual part was cast with the Bendix name.

BTW, mine has a casting mark of 2 9597 6(or 5?) 50. This cast number didn't appear to relate to any actual searchable part number.
Thanks. Any idea if the Bendix numbers relate to the specification in any understandable way? Seems impossible to find data sheets on these.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you're referring to the casting marks on the part itself, I have no idea what those numbers mean.

I pulled out two used (both had pitting on the inside upon disassembly and cleaning), and the one new from my spares, and they all appear to have slightly different casting numbers. Upon closer inspection, the cast number I indicated above is wrong, I think that the number that looked like a 5 or a 6 is actually a symbol that looks like pacman. All have "Bendix Italia" cast on one side, with the number on the opposite side. The cast numbers are hard to read, as you can see in the pics, but here they are:

1. (new): 3(or 8?) 9597 (pac man looking symbol) 2-63
2. (used from 91 or 92 164S): 3(or 8 or 9?) 9597 (pac man looking symbol) 1-39
3. (used from 91 or 92 164S): 2 9597 (pac man looking symbol) ?-50

Attachments

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, AndyM. Is it any wonder Bendix themselves broke with what seem to be random part numbers?
If nothing else turns up, I might just re-use the original part but what a wasted opportunity to renew it.
Many thanks either way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just fyi mine was seized and it was not too difficult to free it up and re-use. Just lots of Kroil to get the pipes off. Still working like a champ 3 years later.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Hi,

While preparing to pop in a more solid rear subframe have been trying to obtain a new brake compensator/regulator valve unit - without success.
I think mine still works OK but makes sense to replace it given the pipes will need replacing anyway and will probably break when trying to remove.
Think it is a Bendix 959056 unit - at least those seem to be the numbers on the side of a series 2 164 2.0 twinspark unit I have to hand.
I have a new one coming in and have plenty of good used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts