Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know the pipe/connector spec for a 1994 164 3.0 24v - oil cooler to engine?
Friend has a car where they are dribbling...

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Suggest he take the old one and have it remanufactured at a hydraulic hose place. That's what I did.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suggest he take the old one and have it remanufactured at a hydraulic hose place. That's what I did.
Good thinking and would go that route except only have access to the one car and no local hose places so would need to post the old ones.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
here in USA we have these 'mobile hydraulic hose repair trucks' that come out and fix em on the spot. This is particularly important for big earth-moving equipment etc. I will bet that Larry at APE in northern California has a set to sell; not sure about whats available on your side of the pond.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The part number for the pipe is 60560857 and is "Product orderable".
The heat exchanger part number is 60547377 and is "Product orderable".
Both parts are for US spec 164s.
Se here:
FIAT ePER

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Mobile repair people are massively expensive and makes no sense when able to remove/replace the pipes myself.

Erik, will look into getting OEM parts thanks to those part numbers.

There are also tuning companies selling reasonably priced oil cooler joints for clip on pipes, probably stronger than OEM pipes - just need to know the thread/nut sizes before ordering.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
After a while, these oil hoses start to weep . Usually it's in the hose body, not the connectors but sometimes there are leaks there and st the screw connections themselves.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
Thanks for info.
They haven't broken but have been weeping for the last 10 years - sort of made me think there could be a risk of breakage. Pre-emptive repair/replacement being the preferable option.
Evengy, there are places in the UK to get these made up - just not near me, hence the desire to get replacements before take the originals off.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trying to find out the size thread and etc. on original oil cooler
I just ordered an oil cooler......AN10 fittings,
need to find adapter to make it work any thoughts.
Was debating going the same route. Have been looking at standardised fittings and couplings for all this though at the end of the day I'll probably just send off existing pipes for new ones to be made up as they are quite unique
Maybe check out Demon Tweaks, a company based in Wales, as they offer several connectors/adapters.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could someone please list the thread fittings for both ends of the oil cooler pipes? Would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
ordered some fittings from china inc. (amazon)
cut old pipe leaving a lip, sanded and cleaned up
kept the other bits of lines in case this does not work out

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ordered some fittings from china inc. (amazon)
cut old pipe leaving a lip, sanded and cleaned up
kept the other bits of lines in case this does not work out
Can I ask what those fitting parts are you ordered? How have they performed once fitted to the car? Any leaks?

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Oli cooler lines

Can I ask what those fitting parts are you ordered? How have they performed once fitted to the car? Any leaks?
ask and ye shall receive...in a manner of speaking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078TD125M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NRPDZ3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGL49Z8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

have not yet run in car. original clamps not good quality . have ordered stronger clamps.

will update as soon as those arrive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts