Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thinking of buying a spare LCD/climate control unit for a 1995 164, UK spec, and have found different Bosch part numbers for what looks like the same unit: 9 140 010 175 being the number on mine.

Can I ask if the external temperature readout on US spec cars is in degrees C or F ? If US cars are in F this could explain the part number differences.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question solved?

Seems the different part numbers relate to typical Alfa production unfriendly variables. They switched the mountings between left and right hand drive versions.
Would still be interesting to know if US models display temperature in degrees C or F.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
It's the car wiring not the climate control module that sets F vs C. Pin A22 gets grounded for display in F. The harness in USA car has a wire there and grounds it.

All electronics are identical for all markets, the exterior case is different for LHD vs RHD

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the car wiring not the climate control module that sets F vs C. Pin A22 gets grounded for display in F. The harness in USA car has a wire there and grounds it.

All electronics are identical for all markets, the exterior case is different for LHD vs RHD
Many thanks for the great info. :)

If electronics identical it just raises the question of whether to buy the LHD unit as a spare, to rebuild the current RHD unit should it fail in future, at which point it might be impossible to buy one. Right now my LCD display is working perfectly, having been repaired in the past. Why oh why did I have to see the advert for the LHD unit in the first place? I was so content before...

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Did I repair yours? If so no need for a spare.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
send me a photo of the ribbon cable and I will tell you if its one of mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts