Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a dual weber manifold from a 1600 bolt up to a 1750 head without any changes? The block on my new 67 GT Veloce is trashed (broken conn rod 30 years ago) and I'm looking at available options. anyone with a spare 1600 block?

Stan

·
Super Moderator
12,187 Posts
Stan, Yes the manifold will work. Blocks show up from time to time on E-Bay, though good 1600 stuff is starting to get expensive.

·
Premium Member
22,644 Posts
I've had a 1600 manifold with 40 DCOEs on my Super's 1750 for more than 10 years; works fine. Had another one with same setup before that.

Andrew

·
Registered
324 Posts
L11:

You don't say where you're located, but @ our Alfa swap meet in Portland, Oregon a couple of weeks ago, one of our members had at least one 1600 block in super nice condition, I know 'cause I looked @ it very carefully. Reply if you'd like contact info, I would have to dig it up.

Bruce

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jr. Z,
contact info sent by pm. I'm located in the Denver area. please feel free to pass contact info on to anyone who has a 1600 parts engine. I've gone to England for a Coventry Climax motor, Portland's not so far away.

Stan

·
Registered
324 Posts
Stan:

I contacted Stu moss here in Portland, Oregon & he still has the block. I gave him your BB thread and contact info, he should be in touch soon.

Bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts