Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to determine the year of a 1600engine/ trans I stumbled on by the numbers stamped on the block, and transmission case. It's a basket case so an approximate value of these would be most helpful, as well. I'm new around here, and have little to no information on Alpha Romeo, know alot about 14 Litre Cummins though. Thanks for all the help I can get.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Hi, welcome to AlfaBB.

Try looking up the engine number in this list of production data from Fusi's book, which lists chassis and engine numbers by year. Although not without errors, it's the best information available.

I believe Alfa Romeo did not keep track of transmission numbers.

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
You have the engine number handy? It should be on a boss on the block near the distributor.
Andrew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find what I was looking for. Back on 29, October tubut took the time to post what appeared to be the entire history of Alpha Romeo cars/engines for me. I tried thanking him then, but was never sure the message got through that day. My screen kept freezing up, etc. all day. So thank you, your post made it easy, Alpha's are not a vehicle I'm familiar with. If you ever need help with a Peterbilt I can help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts