Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, another one. this is a 1600 for a 60's GTV or Duetto. $1400. complete, includes air box, dual weber 40DCOE27's, cams, cast iron manifolds, flywheel. no starter. free delivery along my route Denver/Seattle (-25/I-90 or return via Boise/SLC) if purchased before 3/5!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
engine # AR00536*07984*
Eleven, I believe your AR00536 block came in a Duetto. I've had a complete Giulia Sprint GT, 1600 engine (AR00502 block) with flywheel, distributor, water pump, motor mounts and oil filter canister for about 25 years. It has no carbs, generator, valve cover or starter. It turns over by hand. If someone wanted an engine with a 502 block bad enough to cover this engine and shipping both ways, I would trade -not looking to sell outright.

Mark

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
All the best deals are on the other side of the globe darn it. Why only a Duetto Mark? Stepfront GT Veloces had 00536 blocks with that type of oil filter housing too. Excellent price too Stan.

Eleven, I believe your AR00536 block came in a Duetto

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Not conclusive as it could have been changed, but...
No check valve on #4 intake runner for brake booster. Duetto has no booster (usually!) Couldn't see clearly if the oil filter boss has the low pressure warning light fitting that was used on Duettos.
GTVs used 00536 blocks as well as Duettos and Supers!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the best deals are on the other side of the globe darn it. Why only a Duetto Mark? Stepfront GT Veloces had 00536 blocks with that type of oil filter housing too. Excellent price too Stan.
I'd be all over a road trip to your end of the globe! just having an issue with the middle bit.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Why only a Duetto Mark? Stepfront GT Veloces had 00536 blocks with that type of oil filter housing too.
Good question; I have a '66 Duetto and did not realize that GT Veloce could use an AR00536 block too. Really I am not a SNS (serial number snob;)) just trying to be helpful and get a more accurate block if one is ever needed. I should have known better based on a thorough reply from Mario to my inquiry 3-1/2 years ago; before I rebuilt my engine . It took me over an hour to find his reply:

passionealfa said:
Hello Mark. As You know, nowadays when searching or having alfas, alfistas try to have the exact production numbers in their engines.
Here in the alfa bb forum You can find a scanned copy of the Luigi Fussi production numbers where, with more or less precission, we can know wich engine numbers belong to the engine chassi of every year.
There are doubts about the issue because there were not computers...but is what we have.
The 502 engines belong to the giulia sprint gt and gtc. They are very important alfas. The stepnose ones.
The 536 is the type of engine that belongs to Your duetto.
After the type of correct engine it is also the year production number.
That is nowadays relevant but we can consider that an engine could also be replaced in the past with another equal engine but produced later.
You must have in Your 66 duetto a 536 engine between
AR00536*00770 and AR536*11033 because those are the numbers for 66 duetto.
Take into account that 66 duetto are between these chasi numbers :10503*660001 and 10503*663363.
If You really need a 536 engine You can try to trade Your engine with one with the numbers You need. I think they both should be in the same price if they have the same condition.
Take also into account that 536 engines where used in the giulia sprint gt veloce, not only in the spiders.
Hope I helped.
Regards,Mario.

I guess that I did not dwell on his next to the last sentence, that 536 engines were used in the Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. I recently did a total rebuild of my Duetto's original engine and hopefully will never need another engine but want to have a spare just in case...cheap insurance.

Mark

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine is sold, heading to Seattle!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, another one. this is a 1600 for a 60's GTV or Duetto. $1400. complete, includes air box, dual weber 40DCOE27's, cams, cast iron manifolds, flywheel. no starter. free delivery along my route Denver/Seattle (-25/I-90 or return via Boise/SLC) if purchased before 3/5!
Good morning from Frankfurt in Germany
This is the correct Engine for my 67 Duetto. At the moment, I have a later one in. Do you sell overseas and you have an idea for Transport to Germany
Sincerly
Jochen
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts